Engine rebuild service

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
sinbad72
Rides:: Honda C70 C (Blue)

Engine rebuild service

Post by sinbad72 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Re: Engine rebuild service

Post by Cerberus73 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 pm

£125 seems pretty cheap, saying they will do all the degreasing, valve seat cutting etc... even if you do have to provide any spares i can bet they will find "extras"... oh mate we had to fit a new one of these and these etc. 300 quid please. if it is one of the lads on here, then i would be interested.. as i trust them more to do a good job at a fair, hell even cheap price. only other problem i can see... at that price, well there gonna end up inundated with work, so could be a long wait for your engine.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:23 pm

viewtopic.php?t=37156

THERE NOT DOING MUCH ... a full strip then they call u to say it needs a rebore and piston / exh valve /clutch plates ,(the price will hit the roof) u turn around and say no, he keeps your engine
as its to costly to post back and you....u then buy a lifan for £160 goats....
there laughing

no gasket set,
there's a chap selling a rebuilt cub90 engine on there £350

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:58 pm

ok

you buy the

clutch plates £6
exhaust valve £9
rebore+piston £45
main bearings £10
conrod kit £25

and i will supply the

gasket set foc
output oil seal foc
spark plug foc

and i will
strip
clean all parts in safety clean machine
lap NEW valve
fit new con-rod and balance crank fit new main bearings
rebuild engine

£160

drain the oil,
post to me £10 each way

sinbad72
Rides:: Honda C70 C (Blue)

Post by sinbad72 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:38 pm

CONROD-FITTER wrote:ok

you buy the

clutch plates £6
exhaust valve £9
rebore+piston £45
main bearings £10
conrod kit £25

and i will supply the

gasket set foc
output oil seal foc
spark plug foc

and i will
strip
clean all parts in safety clean machine
lap NEW valve
fit new con-rod and balance crank fit new main bearings
rebuild engine

£160

drain the oil,
post to me £10 each way
Thats seems a great price CF. I was thinking of getting a 110 engine for my 70C. But a re bore sounds good to me. Is it a sin to rebore a motor that doesnt really need it?

I've had 55mph out of it at a real push, (poor motor was squealing). What is the maximum I could rebore to and what extra performance should I expect? Would probably add an oil cooler at the same time too.

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:24 am

max rebore on a 12v motor with standard barrel is +1.00 oversize, or use a dream/wave/astrea 100cc piston and rings and get it bored to suit its same as a cub 90 49.4mm stroke so con rod same but piston is 50mm over the cubs 47mm (ebay is a good place to look, or cmsnl.com, and search for honda astrea) .. I'm pretty sure I've read this can be done on a standard 90 barrel without machining crankcase mouth... otherwise its machine crankcase mouth to either 50mm or 52mm if you want 100cc honda piston and barrel, or 110 chinese job, lob on a 110cc chinese barrel and head, it has bigger valves, stick in a hotter cam, up jet your carb to suit or chuck on a bigger carb like a mikumi VM 20mm or kehlin PE 20mm, any bigger and yer into pit bike territory and silly mpg drops, at least with a 20mm it should still be good for 90+mpg over the standard 120 ish... you end up with a torquer motor that can pull a extra tooth on the front sprocket, giving better hill climbing cos of torque, if a larger carb/jetting is used and a hotter cam, bigger valve chinese head, then a extra couple of HP over the standard is achievable, just don't expect it to go to warp speed, but if your doing those long runs sinbad, it makes it less revvy, with a wee bit more poke, enough to leave behind the more standard bikes i reckon, overall just gives your motor a easier time of it all. a oil cooler and uprated oil pump would also be a clever idea.

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:13 am

Have Had a couple of 6th oversize on a cub std cylinder, making it 1.50 pic bellow

Cerberus73

Post by Cerberus73 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 am

that 6th over size would take the bore out to around 48.5mm.. kinda tells me theres a fair bit of "meat" between the bore and the oil ways on the barrel.. just wish i knew how much.. definitely know the Wave 100cc is 50mm bore x 49.5mm stroke. it runs a compression ratio of 9.0:1, so theres a bit of upping on compression ratio, end up with a swept volume of 97.1cc standard 12v 90 is 47mm bore x 49.5mm stroke and 8.8:1 and 85cc, from looking and searching I'm veering more towards a all honda solution. it also means less if any crankcase machining required, so sinbad, as you can see, it will give a little more cc, a bit higher compression, and its all honda, downside you either need to source a 100cc barrel and head, piston etc (http://www.mototrade.gr) and to be honest there prices aint mental, and shipping aint bad. i think i will be dropping them a email with my requirements, alloy barrel and piston, big valve head, and a hotter cam. from a quick look see on there site it comes to around 200 euro along with a con rod kit, heavier clutch spring etc. i will then be chucking my crank to conrod-fitter to get it balanced and rebuilt with the new conrod, and no before someone suggests it... i won't just go get a lifan 110cc, I'm doing this just for the hell of it. i got the spare cash and need something to do in the house over the worst of winter. it also lets me see just what is possible.

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Cerberus73 wrote:£125 seems pretty cheap, saying they will do all the degreasing, valve seat cutting etc... even if you do have to provide any spares i can bet they will find "extras"... oh mate we had to fit a new one of these and these etc. 300 quid please. if it is one of the lads on here, then i would be interested.. as i trust them more to do a good job at a fair, hell even cheap price. only other problem i can see... at that price, well there gonna end up inundated with work, so could be a long wait for your engine.
ALWAYS tell them to keep the old parts for you to inspect. it is your legal right...and still your property

dread
Rides:: lamb chop, vespa cutdown. italjet dragster chopper

Post by dread » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:48 pm

mark it all with smart water and or uv pen. and see them get flustered, when you say well that part wern't mine. i had some electric work done on a old chop lambretta i had. they said my switch was goosed. i say ok change it, but i want the old switch back. when i got there. they said they had thrown it in the skip. i made them get it out. funny how it turned up in a draw. i ebayed said switch as faulty and it still got 25 quid.
you really do have to shop about, not always is the cheapest the best. some times it is well worth using your local guy. bit dearer yes. but they are the ones you turn to for parts. cables bulbs and to pick their brains, suport them or you might just loose them. Well if they are not main agents that is.