Yet another Vision 110

Anything else ya ride!
Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Yet another Vision 110

Post by Scootyman » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:50 pm

Hello all,

I hope you’re all keeping well.

So, last week I had the opportunity to buy another Honda Vision 110 Mk2. It’s a 68 plate in Matte grey with a little over 12,000 miles on the clock. First MOT is due in November and I knew it wouldn’t pass due to needing some work. This scooter had spent its life on the daily commute to Edinburgh as has mine. It was my friends who is about to emigrate to Canada and needs around £3-500 of parts and labour to get it through the annual test. Not a problem for me as I have a garage full of Vision 110 parts from previous scooters and others that I’ve collected along the way. The side stand has seized in the half up/half down position and I suspect the front brake piston needs attention / new seals and piston.
As it lived in a damp garage when not in use, it has corrosion on the exhaust and some of the fasteners etc but at the price I paid it was one not to walk away from. I’m undecided whether to keep it as a back up once it is finished and MOT’d or to sell it on given the scooter market is really strong at present thanks to the online delivery companies demand for scooters. Either way, at £750 I think I might have a bargain after some much needed work.
There is a potential third option.
Recently, while travelling home, I noticed my old Innova 125 that I used for a Farnborough to Scotland trip back in 2016 parked up in the next village. It’s under a cover and the MOT has expired but still looks to be in decent condition with a low mileage according to the gov website. Really strange that bike is now living less than two miles from me when I used to live 450 miles away. It’s like its followed me up here so maybe I’ll give the house a knock and ask if he’d like a swap for a 68 plate Vision and see if I could get the old innova back.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Re: Yet another Vision 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:50 pm
Recently, while travelling home, I noticed my old Innova 125 that I used for a Farnborough to Scotland trip back in 2016 parked up in the next village. Really strange that bike is now living less than two miles from me when I used to live 450 miles away. It’s like its followed me up here so maybe I’ll give the house a knock and ask if he’d like a swap for a 68 plate Vision and see if I could get the old innova back.
:lol: some scoots are just meant to be, I've actually lost count how many times I've owned the same FL125 between myself and Martyn the co- owner

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Let’s hope that’s a good omen then and the present owner is up for a sale. It might just be that they haven’t used it since the lockdown but probably worth a knock and a chat soon to ask. Fingers crossed……

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:01 pm

defo worth a knock at the door. innova /vision, both great scoots. Nice projects for winter. :)

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:54 pm

I'm not a betting man, but odds on you'll own both within days. :lol:

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:11 pm

Capitano wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:54 pm
I'm not a betting man, but odds on you'll own both within days. :lol:
Sshhh! you’ll get me found out ;)

That reminds me of a slogan hanging in Haslemere motorcycles which says ‘You’re wife called and said it was fine.’ or something to that effect. I did originally buy it to have as a back up scooter as the parking at work can be a bit sparse if your shift starts later in the day. We will see what happens.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 pm

I started work on the new Vision today.
I had to think of a way to cut out the old centre stand without having to remove the engine from the frame. I came up with jacking it up on my small bike stand and using a pair of Rok straps that I usually use from a rafter to steady the front end. It worked a treat.

My angle grinder decided to die on me so I had to resort to a reciprocating saw and a dremel with a cutting disc to remove the seized stand but it’s out with a replacement fitted in place. It took me around an hour and a half all in so was happy with my efforts.

Next is the front brakes to sort out. I cannot believe the corrosion on the brake pipe given it’s just three years old. That’ll be my mates damp garage then I guess. We have the same scooter but they are like chalk and cheese when it comes to condition. Thankfully it mostly cosmetic that I can sort out.
I have a spare front caliper that I have fitted a new piston and seals to and I managed to acquire a decent condition brake hose from eBay for a tenner so shouldn’t take much to sort now

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:45 am

Always find your posts an interesting read. I remember seeing you on your Honda innova near Hillsborough Sheffield. It did you proud on that journey.....loved watching the videos. Hope you do manage to get your hands back on it.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello all,

So, this Vision 110 project is slowly moving along.
I’ve stripped the front end completely and I’m currently waiting for a special tool to remove the headset nut. It’s an 8 sided affair that I’ve only come across a couple of times and managed to use a 32mm spanner to remove in the past. This one however is corroded and stuck fast so the Honda special tool is on order. Just as a reference point I thought I’d put this up for all to see in case they need one in the future. The part number is 07916-KM1-0000 and it costs around £65.00ish delivered. Upon a little research, it would appear that many of the Honda scooters use this 8 sided headset nut including the SH and I think the PCX. Something else I’ve found out is that the Vision 110 Mk2 (the esp one from 2017-2020) uses the same front end as the SHmode 125 (ANC125). That is the steerer, headset bearings etc and fork legs too.
If you fancy a look under the covers of a Vision 110 or are interested in seeing how this scooter rebuild is going, I uploaded a short video here:

https://youtu.be/10MsE4zSeOE

After rubbing down a small area of rust on the frame, it appears that the paint used is a one coat no primer type paint. I’m going to have a go at thinning down some Hammerite smooth and spraying it with a small touch up gun that I have before a coat of under seal and a little heat from a heat gun. That seems to make the under seal go really smooth and looks like it’s been painted but might offer better protection and save a repeat of the rust problem it currently has.
So far I’m still only around £850 into this one so it’s still a good buy and one I could sell at a profit if I wanted to in the future. I’m planning to keep it though as a back up but I noticed that Seven Seas motors have a few Supercub C70’s in now and that would certainly be tempting for a Sunday rider.
We will see ……

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:18 pm

N8ce little video 8-) Thank you for taking the time to share