Anything else ya ride!
Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: And ny new toy is....

Post by Capitano » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:58 pm

125erCrazy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 pm
'My Chemical Romance'
Although hugely popular MCR don't find favour with many fellow musicians. I found a new level of respect for them when I heard about Frank Iero's approach as a Gibson/Epiphone endorsee.

When MCR were up and coming and gaining a decent young fanbase, Gibson offered Frank Iero a contract as an endorsee. They figured that a cult-ish band like MCR would sell a lot of their low end Epiphone guitars. Frank took a few stock off-the-shelf $200 Epiphone SGs as his stage and studio guitars, insisting that they not be modified in any way so that fans could buy the same cheap guitar he was using

MCR hit the big time (Three cheers for sweet revenge went triple platinum) , their tours sold out, and Gibson contacted Frank to offer him a new endorsement contract. They wanted him to use a custom built Gibson SG, a guitar that would retail as his signature model at $3000+, a deal a lot of musicians would see as the pinnacle of endorsement deals.

Frank's response was, " Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with what I've got." When asked why he stated, "Because I want anyone who is a fan to be able to buy my guitar without bankrupting their parents or having to put themselves in debt."

The Black Parade ws recorded with Frank's guitar parts played on one of his $200 Epiphone SGs. He eventually agreed to Gibson's pleadings to endorse a signature Frank Iero guitar. He said he would, but it had to have the cheaper Epiphone name, and cost less than $500.

8-)

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:22 pm

another van van Harvey, good man. Toe cutter Keith have any influence on it????? :D ;)

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Re: And my new toy is....

Post by richie the 1st » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:19 pm

That's a point is t.c. hq still there if it is I will pop in and say hello. :roll:

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 pm

richie the 1st wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:19 pm
That's a point is t.c. hq still there if it is I will pop in and say hello. :roll:
TC HQ global is still there but just am empty unit awaiting sale though you likely find TC mucking about within but most of the tooling is at his house now

125erCrazy

Post by 125erCrazy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:19 pm

horobags wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:22 pm
another van van Harvey, good man. Toe cutter Keith have any influence on it????? :D ;)
I do listen to his sage words in respect of carburetors as they aren't my fortè :shock:

Viper254
Rides:: C70C (12v) (1983), Suzuki Inazuma 250 (2016)

Post by Viper254 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:39 am

Capitano wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:58 pm
125erCrazy wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 pm
'My Chemical Romance'
Although hugely popular MCR don't find favour with many fellow musicians. I found a new level of respect for them when I heard about Frank Iero's approach as a Gibson/Epiphone endorsee.

When MCR were up and coming and gaining a decent young fanbase, Gibson offered Frank Iero a contract as an endorsee. They figured that a cult-ish band like MCR would sell a lot of their low end Epiphone guitars. Frank took a few stock off-the-shelf $200 Epiphone SGs as his stage and studio guitars, insisting that they not be modified in any way so that fans could buy the same cheap guitar he was using

MCR hit the big time (Three cheers for sweet revenge went triple platinum) , their tours sold out, and Gibson contacted Frank to offer him a new endorsement contract. They wanted him to use a custom built Gibson SG, a guitar that would retail as his signature model at $3000+, a deal a lot of musicians would see as the pinnacle of endorsement deals.

Frank's response was, " Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with what I've got." When asked why he stated, "Because I want anyone who is a fan to be able to buy my guitar without bankrupting their parents or having to put themselves in debt."

The Black Parade ws recorded with Frank's guitar parts played on one of his $200 Epiphone SGs. He eventually agreed to Gibson's pleadings to endorse a signature Frank Iero guitar. He said he would, but it had to have the cheaper Epiphone name, and cost less than $500.

8-)
If only they could get a few bass players to endorse Squiers as well - but they're not as good as Epiphones in relation to the parent brand.

Unattainability of instruments has always been a rage point for me.

(Same Stagg J bass copy since 2009)

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:15 pm

So harv thats a fl/uk/rv/so all you need now is a rg/a ts/a gt/and any other letter suzuki

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 pm

horobags wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:22 pm
Is that the same Toecutter from the VanVan forum that was claiming he fitted a nitrous kit to his VV?

I used to have a VanVan. Probably and arguably the best 125 available in its day. The last proper 125 built in Japan and apart from the awful luggage carrying options, the best 125 I’ve ever owned (probably).

It was a shame that I found the VV forum a tad clique. If you had something to say that one of the main poster’s or moderators didn’t like, you were ousted by their stupidity. Shame that one because I’d have another VanVan tomorrow if I could find one that took my fancy.

Good little purchase. Go steady with the oil filter nuts and studs and you’ll be happy with that for a good while.

125erCrazy

Post by 125erCrazy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 pm

Is that the same Toecutter from the VanVan forum that was claiming he fitted a nitrous kit to his VV?

It was a shame that I found the VV forum a tad clique. If you had something to say that one of the main poster’s or moderators didn’t like, you were ousted by their stupidity. Shame that one because I’d have another VanVan tomorrow if I could find one that took my fancy.
TC not only claimed but actually did fix Nos,also took most of my parts oversized heads,different pistons you name it he threw money at it & a great laugh we had throughout. :shock:

As for the stupidity of moderators yep guilty as charged :lol:

125erCrazy

Post by 125erCrazy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:33 pm
apart from the awful luggage carrying options
Even solved that one & TC bought from me the bespoke metal luggage boxes made by Kenny (wonder where he is).
With them as a template would taking nothing to knock a few more sets up but it makes a pig for filtering