Vision 110 - LED spot light upgrade.

Anything else ya ride!
Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Re: Honda Vision 110 LED spot light upgrade.

Post by Scootyman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:45 pm

JOHNBOY wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 pm
spoy light upgrade led s
I know, maybe I should start another thread. Did I mention the Kitaco light bore kit ive got my eye on too? :D

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 am

look forward to seeing the results of the fuelling upgrade.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:25 am

horobags wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:59 am
look forward to seeing the results of the fuelling upgrade.
Ok, so I received another email this morning from Reggy, the owner of the company. I will paste what he Wrote

‘I have to say that we don't have much experience with the Vision 110, but theoretically you should get more torque if you make your engine run richer.
If you install the larger throttle body you potentially are able to suck some more air in, which leans out your combination again and could provide more horsepower, but not torque.

So it's hard to say, I would try to install the injector with your stock throttle body and to see the result of that, and do the same with the larger throttle body then.
Make sure you give your ECU the time to adjust to the larger injector, this can take up to 40 or 50km...’

So by increasing the throttle body size by 9% and the injector size by 33% I am still running richer than before. I’m hoping for a little uplift on both torque and horsepower so based on that email it looks promising.
I think I need to start a new thread when I receive the goodies through the post and start testing to try and keep it relevant as by updating everyone with how my scooter was going after 10,000 miles, this post has changed direction a little (a lot :roll: )
I will also look to see if I can find a decent picture hosting site where you don’t have to pay lots to host a few pictures of the work. If anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated.
Best regards
Scoots

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Try postimage for pictures , have you got a good free-flowing air filter , not a cheap pit bike one , do Malossi make one for the Vision ?.

horobags

Post by horobags » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:59 pm

I use postimage too, very easy to upload.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 pm

wightegi wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:02 pm
Try postimage for pictures , have you got a good free-flowing air filter , not a cheap pit bike one , do Malossi make one for the Vision ?.
I just opened an account for postimage, thanks for your help with that. I might try and host the pics in this thread with them also to get them active again.
As for the air filter, I don’t have a free flowing one but it was something in the back of my mind. I’m not really interested in those horribly loud exhausts to up the flow out of the cylinder so I accept this might not work also. I will look in the air box as I believe there is a restrictor in there. Most of this project is curiosity by the way. I am simply curious as to how much extra power you could get by changing the fuelling on a small capacity bike given the restrictions placed on them from the factory and how possible it is to alter that. If I got between 0.5-1 horsepower and the same increase in torque (nm), I’d be happy with that. People say you wouldn’t notice but when you only start with 9 hp you really would notice I’m sure.
All good fun and maybe interesting for the wider community to see the results
:geek:

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Filter housing mods look at Vespa GTS air filter mods on google ;)

horobags

Post by horobags » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am

Dont know if this helps, but on the air filter restrictor, the msx 125 (grom), has a steel filter frame which when removed gives a little more airflow, dony know if there's one on the vision.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:18 pm

horobags wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am
Dont know if this helps, but on the air filter restrictor, the msx 125 (grom), has a steel filter frame which when removed gives a little more airflow, dony know if there's one on the vision.
It’s funny you should mention that because I have a spare 110 esp engine (a Vision Mk2 engine) in the garage from my previous scooter that was written off and I pulled the air filter box apart last night. It does have a steel insert on one side of the filter. Which I guess would restrict airflow but I don’t know by how much. Surely all those holes in the filter equates to more that the inlet hose down to the throttle body?

Please anyone correct me if you think I am wrong:
Throttle body opening is 22mm wide
The pipe leading from the air box to throttle body is 25 mm wide so no restriction there if I go up to 24 mm throttle body.
The bit I don’t know is how much restriction the air filter would have on air pressure into the engine. When you consider an engine running at 5000 rpm is taking in air 2500 times a minute or 41 times a second? When you look at it that way the air box is emptying many times a second (does that sound right?).
I’m guessing it’s restricting somehow but I’m not too concerned about this as I’m only increasing the potential air flow by a little. I know some tuners of the MSX use 31mm or even 35mm throttle bodies so the increase needed in airflow would be quite significant. Maybe not so in my case by just enriching the mixture a little with a little more air. I’m wondering and I suspect these scooters run quite a lean mixture as standard and there’s potential for more power by just adding more fuel assuming the O2 sensor and fuelling map in the ecu doesn’t restrict that too much.
Your thoughts and expertise on this anyone would be very much appreciated.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:53 pm

To scootyman been looking at your you-tube post about going over the high road on the Honda innova 125 ,very good would you like to try on the Honda vision 110 ,you are a lot closere now.Would I like to have a ride over oh yes . 8-)