Vision 110 - LED spot light upgrade.

Anything else ya ride!
Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Re: Honda Vision 110 LED spot light upgrade.

Post by Scootyman » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:28 am

andrewparry wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:06 am
So glad I came across this. I am just collecting my Vision 110 today and the one concern I have is its lack of road presence. Also, unlike the PCX, there is no dedicated owners club - or even a Haynes manual.
Andrew,
Just another thought about the road presence issue on a small scooter. I have also changed over to a different H4 LED headlight bulb made by OSRAM. It’s called an LEDriving H4 and only consumes 14 watts leaving a bit extra power for heated goodies if you ride in the cold. The beauty of this bulb is the ballast resistor is built into the bulb itself so there are no issues with finding a place to house the extra box in the power lead.
Hope that helps
Scoots

50spence
Rides:: aspire to ride Honda Vision 110

Post by 50spence » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Hey Andrew,
Just curious why you went for the Vision over the PCX. I'm currently debating which to purchase when I've got my CBT. There's not a lot in it money wise if you can get a good pre-reg deal, and you get more road presence, LED lights, more storage and ABS front brake... it also opens up the A1 licence if you want to do it.

What were the pros for the Vision the swayed you?

Cheers.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:08 pm

I Went for the vision 110 because I had one before a 2013 reg in white,brilliant little scoot,and reading on hear how the new one is better and I got a pre-reg one cheaper with free mounting plate and free top-box and in red.
But there is also the Honda sh 125 mode.too

50spence
Rides:: aspire to ride Honda Vision 110

Post by 50spence » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:48 pm

richie the 1st wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:08 pm
I Went for the vision 110 because I had one before a 2013 reg in white,brilliant little scoot,and reading on hear how the new one is better and I got a pre-reg one cheaper with free mounting plate and free top-box and in red.
But there is also the Honda sh 125 mode.too
Cheers Richie,
I definitely haven't ruled it out, booked in for taster and CBT during Easter break on a Vision, so will have better idea of what I'm after then. I've looked at the SH mode too, though most places are selling them at pretty much the same price as PCX, which seems like the better bike.... Though self servicing would be much more of a pain on the PCX by the looks of it. Assuming LED upgrades are cheap the Vision would probably be perfect

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:33 pm

Have now done 120 miles on mine,weather has been too cold/wet/windy its quicker then my old 13 reg. one,it just wants to go all of the time

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:27 pm

richie the 1st wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:33 pm
Have now done 120 miles on mine,weather has been too cold/wet/windy its quicker then my old 13 reg. one,it just wants to go all of the time
Well now you’ve mentioned the performance is better, I’ll give a little update on mine. I’ve now done just shy of 10,000 miles through all the weather that Scotland has. Where I live is a road I pass regularly and it’s flooded deep and quite often through the winter. So far this year I have had two technical problems with mine. The first was a CKP sensor covered under warranty (crankshaft position sensor). The second happened just this week, a throttle position sensor which led to rough idle and a drop in performance. To be honest I put both of these faults down to constant riding through a flood up and over the floorboards in winter. It’s not designed to do that but it’s done it without complaint and besides, I diagnosed both easily with my diagnostic lead and reset the TP sensor with it too.( you have to short the oil temp sensor at the same time).
This has now led me to have a bit of a go eeking out a little more performance so I did some research and found out the throttle body size and standard injector capacity. Quite restrictive by all accounts so as I’m at home for the next month or so I ordered a larger throttle body and bigger capacity injector to see if I can spice the Vision up a little. New parts will be in the post tomorrow and should be here in a week or so depending on the post.
If anyone is interested I shall let you know how it goes
Scoots

JOHNBOY
Rides:: HONDA SUZUKI

Post by JOHNBOY » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:05 pm

give us a link on ebay please

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:27 pm
richie the 1st wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:33 pm
I’ll look forward to the update. Nice one.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:39 pm

JOHNBOY wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:05 pm
give us a link on ebay please
It’s not an eBay thing this one. I’m not even sure if this will work but..... from what I have found out so far, the Vision 110, in fact most 110cc scooters and some small valve 125’s like the MSX125 (grom) and the CB125F to name a few use the same fuel injector. It’s a Keihin type ‘B’ 90cc unit which is used in the Vision’s case with a small 22mm throttle body. Now I know it’s a closed loop type system that works out it’s own air/fuel ratio but there’s something telling me that these small capacity engines are being forever more restricted for emissions regulations and there must be a little more to be had on the performance front. So, if I fit a slightly larger throttle body (24mm) up to the size of the manifold opening, I should get more air into the engine and with that I will fit a 120cc injector to give the engine the extra fuel it needs. I’m not looking for much but a bit more punch at the top end would be nice.
If you want to do your own research, the company I have purchased the throttle body and injector from is called Yuminashi and from the emails we have had back and forth this past week, they seem to know their stuff.
To give you an example of what they have been like to deal with, Honda wanted me to buy a complete throttle body at £200 plus this week when all I wanted was the throttle position sensor. YUMINASHI sold me that sensor standalone for £16.50 and it’s a genuine Keihin one. My new throttle body, again a genuine Keihin unit with both sensors (fast idle solenoid and TPS) was just £65.00 and my total spend after buying some other goodies was around £120 posted.
So it’s a bit of a project that might make the Vision run a little nicer even if performance gains aren’t made and I’m itching to give it a go so we will see in a week or so if it works.
Scoots

JOHNBOY
Rides:: HONDA SUZUKI

Post by JOHNBOY » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 pm

spoy light upgrade led s