Hi Im new here!

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Graham G90
Rides:: Honda c90

Hi Im new here!

Post by Graham G90 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi can any body tell me if i was to buy one of these frames https://www.kepspeed.co.uk/kepspeed-cus ... -3624.html to build a custom bike. how to i go about getting it on the road. V5 etc.
Thanks Graham.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Hi Im new here!

Post by wightegi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 pm

The answer is you can not do it as it would have to be Euro 4 compliant, so EFI engine catalytic converters and the lot ,then type approval.
If you had a complete bike with a scrap frame that was still registered the you could do a frame swap ,there is a list on the DVLA site about what bits you need to swap to stay legal .

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Re: Hi Im new here!

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Welcome.

As Wightegi says you need a donor bike.

The Kepspeed frames are definitely not Honda quality and could do with some fettling like a bit of seam welding then sealing. If your donor bike is not too rusty in the tail then that could be fixable with the repair panels that are available in the UK nowadays.

A while ago repair panels had to come from the USA and were very expensive, the Kepspeed frame was much cheaper.

Which is why I have a pile of bits in my shed waiting for me to get off my arse and get started. I'm committed ( :lol: ) now as I have stamped the frame up.

If you do a search on here or on Google (which should throw up results on here) you will find a wealth of info and pics from SteveST100 on the subject.