Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Re: Innova vs wave comparison

Post by Wuyang » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 pm

horobags wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:42 pm
AE86 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Fun to see a response I made from 2 years ago. Anyway, I still have that 16' Wave 110 and also a 17' Wave 125.

Still prefer the 110 over the 125 for the same reasons. I really don't like the FI 125 compared to the carbed 125 in the way the throttle is mapped. I like the little blip of torque you get from the first little bit of twist, and it's completely gone on the FI bike which makes it feel anemic in a way.
The 110 is FI over here, I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. ;)
You lucky sod!

I’ve often fancied a wave. Don’t know why, but I bet they like been blasted through the revs...often thought the engine would feel a little more racey than the innova......fun little bike I reckon.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:49 pm

so ,,, I picked up the 3 year old wave with 65 miles from new on it on thusrday afternoon. The ride home was in rush hour so cant really comment on the ride apart from it felt very similar to the innova but with slightly lower gearing (seems to rev quicker).
When I got it home I was a bit surprised to find that a 3 year old honda that had been stored 99.9% of its life should have corrosion starting on the swingarm. :shock: So out with the back wheel and I set about it with emery cloth paint and potions.
Back together this morning I went for a 40 mile ride, and enjoyed it. The steering feels lighter and quicker than an innova for some reason which I like. You notice less low down torque to the innova,( which I love about the innova), but the wave has a bit more higher revs/power which is noticeable straight away, with being such low miles Ive not give it full throttle (still running in), but higher up the rev range it is still quiet smooth.
I cant comment on top speed yet but performance wise there really isnt much difference in these two bikes, up to 50 mph they both cover ground in a very similar way even though the power delivery is somewhat different.
To a typical biker these are very very similar 'underbone' motorcyles. To the enthusiast there really is a difference, I'm happy with my new wave, is it better than my innova's?? No,, both are great machines.

remmington
Rides:: Honda Wave 110i BMW R80RT

Post by remmington » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53 pm

horobags wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:49 pm
so ,,, I picked up the 3 year old wave with 65 miles from new on it on thusrday afternoon. The ride home was in rush hour so cant really comment on the ride apart from it felt very similar to the innova but with slightly lower gearing (seems to rev quicker).
When I got it home I was a bit surprised to find that a 3 year old honda that had been stored 99.9% of its life should have corrosion starting on the swingarm. :shock: So out with the back wheel and I set about it with emery cloth paint and potions.
Back together this morning I went for a 40 mile ride, and enjoyed it. The steering feels lighter and quicker than an innova for some reason which I like. You notice less low down torque to the innova,( which I love about the innova), but the wave has a bit more higher revs/power which is noticeable straight away, with being such low miles Ive not give it full throttle (still running in), but higher up the rev range it is still quiet smooth.
I cant comment on top speed yet but performance wise there really isnt much difference in these two bikes, up to 50 mph they both cover ground in a very similar way even though the power delivery is somewhat different.
To a typical biker these are very very similar 'underbone' motorcyles. To the enthusiast there really is a difference, I'm happy with my new wave, is it better than my innova's?? No,, both are great machines.

I have been pleased with my 2014 Wave 110i - only real issue I got is the fuel tank is tiny.

The rear swingarm on mine is also very rusty.

Been looking on ebay for another swingarm £30 will buy you one - really anti rust another one and then fit it.

horobags

Post by horobags » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:07 am

I think the rust is only a cosmetic thing, the swingarm would need some serious corrosion to weaken it.

RoadCar
Rides:: Honda

Post by RoadCar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:53 pm

horobags wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:07 am
Good write up. What is the seat like? Thinking about viewing one. What about miles to a tank?

horobags

Post by horobags » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:00 pm

only used a tank up to now, so can't comment on range yet. The seat feels comfy after 40 miles, but I do use a 'bikerbumbag', which I bought after the 'arse agony 'set in on the innova.

Earnest Thrasher
Rides:: Honda Super Cub C125

Post by Earnest Thrasher » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 pm

RoadCar wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:53 pm
horobags wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:07 am
Good write up. What is the seat like? Thinking about viewing one. What about miles to a tank?
Here's some figures.
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/wave

I had a wave for a while, and me and my mate used to do the MPG challenge. Keeping it around 30 mpg and using the throttle lightly returns phenomenal mpg, boring though.

ally
Rides:: forza 300 v90, v75a, c90-g, fj1200, CG125ES, cb250, ybr250

Post by ally » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:07 pm

I tried the 30mph bimble on the c90 once, it was tragic!

my fi innova managed 164mpg coming home from surrey to lincoln on the motorway ~55mph, 132 miles with 120ml left in the tank (filled 3.66 litres)

always struggle for range

:)

remmington
Rides:: Honda Wave 110i BMW R80RT

Post by remmington » Sun May 26, 2019 8:48 am

I have 500ml fuel bottle under the seat on my Wave 110i - in theory it should get me 13miles.

I think more annoying than the tank size - 3.7ltrs - is the fuel gauge - it still has over a litre of petrol in the tank when it reads dead empty on the gauge.

So in my little brain - empty on the gauge - reads 33% full - so thus the get out trouble 500ml bottle. :roll:

ally
Rides:: forza 300 v90, v75a, c90-g, fj1200, CG125ES, cb250, ybr250

Post by ally » Sun May 26, 2019 10:01 pm

I too lament the digital fuel gauge, unless you see the moment it starts flashing you never know how much is left, the analogue one on the c90 is so much better and surprisingly accurate

I too carry a fuel bottle, mine is a litre, grey top sigg, I've heard though that re-priming the fuel system can be problematic

:)