Vision 110 - up hill speed

Anything else ya ride!
Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Re: Honda vision 110cc up hill speed

Post by Scootyman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Hello all,

Sadly I will no longer be able to contribute to this post as a Honda Vision 110 owner. It’s not what you think though. I never traded in for a bright pink Honda SH Mode as previously suggested. Nope, it was much more dramatic than that. I was waiting to turn right on a filter lane in Edinburgh yesterday when some clown decided he was going to drive into the back of me. The Vision is no more and I’m 99% sure it will be written off as the panels have popped out on both sides suggesteing the frame has been moved upwards. It also doesn’t go around corners very well either. I can confirm however that despite being mortally wounded after being butt bashed by a Vauxhall Insignia, I can confirm it still goes quite fast uphill :P

I’m off to get the ibuprofens out as I feel like I’ve been punched between the shoulder blades about a thousand times. The only silver lining to this sorry ending is at least it’s quite warm here in Scotland right now and I can take the big bike to work next week without freezing my nads off.
New scoot to follow, maybe another Vision 110 esp.......
Best regards
Scoots

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Bummer! :(

Mrs Capitano never had to trade a car in during her career as an independent driving instructor. Every time one of her cars was reaching 60k miles, someone smacked it's arse in traffic. :shock:

Tranberg
Rides:: Anf125i

Post by Tranberg » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Obviously "traffic" forced her to slam the brakes at the "best" possible occasion.

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Tranberg wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:54 pm
Obviously "traffic" forced her to slam the brakes at the "best" possible occasion.
:lol: Not quite, but 3 times for certain she was able to say to those students, "This lesson is about what happens when you don't look where you are going."

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am

My missus has the worst habit, approaches and empty roundabout and then stops and looks!

The number of times I’ve nearly run into the back of her car is ridiculous.

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Ok, so after two weeks of ducking around by the other parties insurance company an assessment took place this week and an offer of £1400 was made for the poorly scooter that was my Vision. It had covered 12,000 miles and the nice men at Honda thought that was a reasonable offer given the condition and mileage. I am now awaiting payment by their solicitor which apparently bacs the money and I shall be on my way to the dealer for another Scooter. I’m considering the new Supercub but not sure of how it will cope with 8-10,000 miles of commuting in all weathers. I did just ride a 2017 SH 125 with around 5000 miles on the clock but it didn’t impress me. The torque is at its maximum around 7000rpm and the peak power at 8500. It seemed like there wasn’t a lot below that figure that was useable and like you would have to rev the nads off it all of the time to get the best out of it. I know it’s around 25 Kg heavier than the Vision but I expected a little more. It is though a serious contender for a workhorse as I’m mainly doing 50 mph on my way to work so that revvy attribute might work. I have to say though it felt a little like the Vision and this whole thread about uphill performance and I wondered if it was Groundhog Day only with an SH rather than a Vision 110. Euro 4 is clearly choking these little scoots of any useable performance and the manufacturer is tuning them however they can to make them compliant.

As a side subject, the insurance company said I was welcome to keep the Vision as it was Category B and could not go back on the road but be broken for parts. I thought that didn’t happen anymore but maybe it’s a hassle to collect and dispose of.

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:39 pm

If you aren't tied to Honda, try out the Suzuki Address 110. I know that Richie rates them.

£1400 ain't a bad payout for a 12000 mile Vision.

By all means explore the buyback and break option but beware that you might get stung for storage costs that you otherwise wouldn't.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Capitano wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:39 pm
If you aren't tied to Honda, try out the Suzuki Address 110. I know that Richie rates them.

By all means explore the buyback and break option but beware that you might get stung
+1 on the Suzuki 110 another scoot I shouldn't have sold.

Has the largest underseat storage of any mini scoot & takes a BMW or Shark flip front if put in the right way.

Also originally was the cheapest retail at under 2K but even with the price increase still undercuts Honda by several hundred quid.

Pre reg bargains to be had Suzuki aren't the best sellers & when they do their 0% deal yours for £99 down £69 a month (use their cash not yours) ,& don't worry about the mileage restriction as your keeping it anyways.

Ignore the (to soon IMO) valve clearance check it's never been known to be needed to my knowledge.

Believe me breaking scoots is an absolute pain in the arse. Folk quibble over the stupidest of things,postage kills it and you end up storing parts folk don't want which eventually you get sick to death of and skip.

If you can find a sensible project then as a donor yours is perfect for spares

A change is as good as a rest (as the saying goes)

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:06 am

125erCrazy wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Believe me breaking scoots is an absolute pain in the arse. Folk quibble over the stupidest of things,postage kills it and you end up storing parts folk don't want which eventually you get sick to death of and skip.

If you can find a sensible project then as a donor yours is perfect for spares
+1, wholeheartedly! 8-)

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:05 am

Strange that about the sh125, the ones I had were early injection models, they were the most capable 125 I’ve had with regards to keeping up with traffic, used to manage everything in its stride, go up any hill easily. Shame if the newer ones don’t have the umph of the older ones.
Richie on here has had quite a few sh’s overthe years all with different engine performances.