Vision 110 - up hill speed

Anything else ya ride!
Tranberg
Rides:: Anf125i

Re: Honda vision 110cc up hill speed

Post by Tranberg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 am

I wouldn't want any small-wheel scooter at your riding conditions.

The only thing better at handling poor roads than large wheels are even larger wheels.

I have a Burgman 650 and it's a nightmare on rough surfaces with 15/14" wheels

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:50 am

Yes you have a good point there. The Vision has 16” & 14” which do ok. Yet another reason why the little Vision has done so well. You can find them brand new now for around £1800 - £2000 if you look and at that price for three years commuting they are virtually disposable at that price. If I get £500 trade in after three years I would be happy.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:03 pm

horobags wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 pm
great review scootyman, the vision seems to be a good choice of scoot. I'd like to know how you compare it to your Innova you previously owned????
I think they are very different scooters. The innova has niceties like gears albeit semi automatic and larger wheels, the Vision has much better weather protection, better electrical capability and when your tucked behind a screen in -5c at midnight coming out of Edinburgh on the A90, heated gear, grips, a proper riot shield of a screen combined with a better headlight is a big plus point that the innova cant match. There will always be a place in my heart for step through underbone scooters though and I would deffo have another in a heartbeat. I am watching the Supercub closely but when I think of the floods I rode through on the Vision last March after the snow, I’m not sure the Supercub or an innova would like that much. The engine is at the front rather than shrouded in plastic and the chain would need instant intensive maintenance even inside the chain case with the water ingress and salt added for good measure. I’d love a Vespa GTS300 but imagine the rust after a water splash or two inside that battery compartment under your feet. More rust and corrosion that you could shake a stick at! When I did the valves on the Vision this week, I was a little taken back at how the frame looked. Sure it was dirty and there was a little surface corrosion here and there but it’s very sturdy built and by no means weakened in any way. Plus I can take the belt cover off and change the variator weights in under 15 mins now from start to end.
CVT is a big plus point for a commuter for sure.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:08 pm

SYM you know what it stands for ? When you go for parts the guy will say Spares Yer Mate. :o :lol:
They seem to have a problem with supply.

Edit to add what is the difference in top speed between the Innova and the Vision?

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:33 pm

The most common scoot I see on my travels is the Honda vision 110. :)

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 pm

wightegi wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:08 pm

what is the difference in top speed between the Innova and the Vision?
I think overall the innova wins that one. On many occasions whilst doing my Scotland tour from Aldershot I had the innova showing 65- 70 mph on the speedo. I remember the A68 well plus on the City of Edinburgh bypass (A720) I was touching cloth while the innova was saving my bacon pulling my lump as fast as it could away from the cars which seemed to be travelling at breakneck speeds. The innova feels lighter than the Vision and more agile. I guess it’s like comparing a gazelle to a horse and we’re not talking race horse either :lol:
I think probably the ideal scooter for my commute would be the Honda SH Mode 125. It’s like a posh Vision with a bit more oomph in the mid range which is what i would like if I changed scooter. I’m not so bothered about all the fancy features. They don’t make you money, getting me to work on time does.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:43 pm

wightegi wrote:
SYM you know what it stands for ? When you go for parts the guy will say Spares Yer Mate. :o :lol:

Edit to add what is the difference in top speed between the Innova and the Vision?
Does that mean the new Peugeot Belville 200 will have the same parts supply problems? I think they share engines in fact most parts under the plastic I was led to believe is made by Sym

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:43 pm
wightegi wrote:

Does that mean the new Peugeot Belville 200 will have the same parts supply problems? I think they share engines in fact most parts under the plastic I was led to believe is made by Sym
Not necessarily, no. The problem appears to be the UK importer and distributor for Sym, MotoGB. Peugeot are imported and distributed by Three Cross.

Sym spares supply isn't a problem in other EU countries. Peugeot spares supply isn't a problem in the UK, even for Peugeots that are badge engineered versions of other makes entirely.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm

thanks for the reply scootyman, the innova is a fantastic machine, i hired a vision110 (old version)last year and was amazed how well it coped 2 up up hill.
Im currently in Goa on holiday and the Honda Acitva are everywhere, seen them 3 up. Made by Hero Honda(honda sub / company India) they are steel bodied scoots and proper work horses , Im hiring a R/enfield bullet but on the last day Im getting an activa to see how good it is.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 pm
wightegi wrote:

what is the difference in top speed between the Innova and the Vision?
I think overall the innova wins that one. On many occasions whilst doing my Scotland tour from Aldershot I had the innova showing 65- 70 mph on the speedo. I remember the A68 well plus on the City of Edinburgh bypass (A720) I was touching cloth while the innova was saving my bacon pulling my lump as fast as it could away from the cars which seemed to be travelling at breakneck speeds. The innova feels lighter than the Vision and more agile. I guess it’s like comparing a gazelle to a horse and we’re not talking race horse either :lol:
I think probably the ideal scooter for my commute would be the Honda SH Mode 125. It’s like a posh Vision with a bit more oomph in the mid range which is what i would like if I changed scooter. I’m not so bothered about all the fancy features. They don’t make you money, getting me to work on time does.
Honda sh 125 mode in pink.Yeah :lol: