But I would still like a ride on the esp 110 vision. :o

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Re: Honda vision 110cc up hill speed

Post by Wuyang » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:00 pm

richie the 1st wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:48 pm
But I would still like a ride on the esp 110 vision. :o
If you do get a tide on the vision 110 esp or mode let me know your thoughts, especially on the 110 esp up hill.
Cheers
Wuyang

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Did pm scootyman but he has not got back yet, :(

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Scootymans review is for the latest version .

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 am

richie the 1st wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:45 pm
Did pm scootyman but he has not got back yet, :(
Richie did you see the vid scootyman did on the esp 110? If so ignore below links, if not worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/CgV-9edKI-E

https://youtu.be/LsoFPbB6hNk 3 month update with upgrades.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:18 pm

That's the 2 you-tube clips that I have seen I did read that he went to Scotland to live,so he has racked up the miles on the vision 110 esp.Just wanted to know how its going.

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello all,

Sorry for the slow reply on this thread. I have now pm’d Richie. I did indeed move to Scotland, sold my business, retrained for work and I am just starting to see some progress on a house refurbishment I am doing however..... the Vision is still pulling like a train. Sadly, like my fence it fell over in a storm last week and broke the Givi windscreen a little. Just the hand guard bit so not so bad as I also have muffs and heated grips which are showing some wear now.
The little 110 scoot is still doing my 40 mile round commute into Edinburgh five times a week and has amassed 13,000 miles. I have been changing the oil every 1000 miles for the first 10,000 and now every 2000 without any problems to report. The first two oil changes had a little metal filings in the oil screen which I clean every time but none since then. I check the valves every 4000 and have just done them again with no adjustment needed. The first check they were needing adjustment but nothing since. I also dropped the gearbox oil at this service and it was almost as clean as when it last went in (4000 miles ago).
I take the scoot along a long drawn out hill on the A985 between Rosyth and The Cairneyhill roundabout (if anyone knows it) and it pulls me up at 50mph with a loaded topbox and my 115kg lump on board. I cannot ask for more really. Brake pads last around 5-6000 miles with a little left on them. The front disc has hardly worn and the tyres last around 4000 miles for the rear and double that for the front. I’m running Michelin Pilot street in the summer and IRC SN 23(f) and SN26(r) Winter tyres through the cold months. I have ridden the bike with snow on tarmac but only when I can see patches of tarmac! We had over 5 feet (yes really) of snow in places last year on the A907 that a JCB had to clear on two consecutive days (we were totally cut off) and yet the bike made it back on the road a week later through all of the floods that followed without complaint.
I’m managing around 110-113 mpg consistently between fill ups and I’m running the scoot on BP ultimate as it seems to like it. Ican’t say I notice an uplift in performance mind from using spicy fuel.
To summarise, I am very happy that I bought the Vision 110esp and would definitely have another. My next scooter might also be a Vision or the Suzuki equivalent but I also have my eye on the Sym Symphony ST200, an air cooled 170 cc Honda SH type scooter which produces around the same performance as a PCX. The easy maintenance of these type of scooters like the Vision, SH and the Sym I mentioned make them very user friendly in my opinion. If you ever owned a PCX and had to strip the panels off to do the valves or indeed most maintenance involving the front end under the panels you will know what I am talking about. With the Vision it’s three bolts and two push pins to remove the seat assembly and two Philips (JIS) screws to remove the panel in front of the engine. Simples!
I hope that answers a few of your questions and gives you a decent update as requested on how the Vision 110 is sizing up
Best regards
Scoots

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:50 pm

great review scootyman, the vision seems to be a good choice of scoot. I'd like to know how you compare it to your Innova you previously owned????
Also the Sym st 200 is a great scoot as is most of the SYM range, but one factor when considering buying SYM is consumables are easily found, but any replacement body/engine parts can be hard to find and when you do there is reported a long wait on delivery to the main importer motoGB.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:34 am

The new Suzuki Burgman UH200 is good VK Leeds has one , it is the 125 burger with a 200cc engine,Sits at 70 and gets 90mpg.

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:54 am

That’s good info for me to consider if I go the Sym route. That’s one of my deal breaker conditions on a new scoot. I want the comfort of knowing I can get parts when I want them. Otherwise I may as well buy an old CBF 600 or something similar and scrap around for parts. The only other thing I did to the Vision was change the fork oil to a 7.5 weight oil as I live in the middle of farmland and the roads aren’t the best. The Suzuki Burgman is also a scooter of interest to me but again you have to work hard with taking off multiple panels to do any work. If it were like an S Wing 125 then it’s not so bad for panel removal as most are held with screws or a proper fixing as opposed to a snap in place type fitting which always results in broken panels. The other big consideration is tyre choice is a critical factor in Scotland over the winter. I need to choose a scooter that has an available winter tyre in a size for the scooter of choice. The Vision has beeen good for that and they make a HUGE difference in handling over the cold months. Plus if you live in an area with constant tractors on the roads then mud becomes your enemy. Not so with winter tyres. Plus not having 50 plus horsepower to deal with on a cold slippery road is another plus point of the Vision 110. If I ride my CBF 1000 to work in winter I can feel the back end breaking out if I pop the throttle in the cold and wet weather. I reckon I’ll keep my Vision for at least another six months and then I’ll start to plan my next commuter.
As a side thought, I do like the new C125 Supercub but I can’t help but feel that Honda has ‘missed’ with that model. It’s too fancy and posh for a commuter at that price. Give it a year of hard graft and I’m not so sure it would look so pretty. Why can’t we just have a utilitarian Supercub they ride around in the Far East? Looks like a c90 ish and is built for work, the opposite of that fancy looking showpiece offering Honda sent here.......which means I’ll probably end up with one :D