I must be off my rocker

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: I must be off my rocker

Post by wightegi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:13 am

A lot of people have used these kits. cheap as :)
s://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141196178332?_trksid ... EBIDX%3AIT

1000 miles in 24 hours is the record by our own Newtsalad,who also did John O groats to Lands End in just over 20 hours,so you now have a bike that can go anywhere in the world.The 110 cc kits are no faster just a bit more grunt to get you up hills ,the Lifan 110 is a good swap as it gives 4 gears and is plug and play good oil is the key and as you do not need much get the best.

tommyardin
Rides:: Yamaha Fazer FZS600, Honda C90-G

Re: Newbies first post will need approval.

Post by tommyardin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 pm

Well I don't have a lot to say right now, but looking for approval, not personal approval but right to post approval.
My name is Tom I did try to join a couple of years ago but never quite made it somehow, so here I am again.
I bought a G registered C90-G (Shed find) early winter of 2017, in a poor state but with potential, it had been in this flint shed for approximately 8 maybe 9 years. It was unloved and a bit battered, leg shields broken and indicators hanging on their wires all the cables and brakes seized and would not kick over because of clutch slip.
I spent the winter (2017) completely stripping and rebuilding the the C90. I paid the man £200 for it and spent about £700 on the rebuild.
All the painted metal parts went through a sand blast booth and the plastic parts were rubbed down, the whole thing I resprayed, I renewed everything that needed replacing.
Tyres and Tubes, Brake Throttle Speedo and Choke cables, brake shoes back & front, battery, new stainless indicators, back light lens, clutch plates, Chains and Sprockets, Rear shockers, Front suspension bushes and pins, New seat, and the list goes on.
One thing I did not do but should have was have the pot/barrel re-bored, as when on the over-run and you wind the throttle open again she puffs out a cloud of blue smoke, and even on tick over although no smoke is showing it smell like a stroker.

I love the little step-through, lots of fun as long as your not in a hurry, has a top speed of about 53-55mph with everything in your favour, but it has drawn a lot of attention and started so many conversations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tommyardin
Rides:: Yamaha Fazer FZS600, Honda C90-G

Post by tommyardin » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Blimey I have managed to get into my account again. Woo! Woo!
Well the C90-G has gone through a few minor changes since I last posted. New wandercators as the LED units I put on there were of no earthly use, they were even overpowered by the under powered headlight.
I have bought some really nice bulb type wandercators and as bright as you like, they look cool and retro, the LED units were out of keeping with the C90 .
(My mate Wildplum reckons they are the brightest thing that has ever been on the bike, cheeky bastid).

Still not done anything about the re-bore as yet, she still puffs blue smoke on the overun and smells like a stroker, I have to top up the oil as often as I do the fuel tank, later this Spring maybe, or maybe the Lifan route, but still get the original Honda 85cc lump re-bored and tucked away in the shed for prosperity.
I tried to post a pic of the bike as it now a little earlier, but I don't think it went through or even the text come to that. Never mind I will try again.
This little Honda is a bucket full of fun and a head turner, whenever I park it up someone comes over with big grin on their chops and wants to tell me the history of the C90 :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am

Well done Tommy.

JOHNBOY
Rides:: HONDA SUZUKI

Post by JOHNBOY » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:14 pm

sounda like valve stem seals worn

Barry68
Rides:: C90M,-T (W reg 2000) and C90-N (J reg 1992)

Post by Barry68 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Fab restoration, I've got similar plans for mine. Who did you use for parts, sandblasting and paintwork? Where in Hampshire are you?

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:07 pm

nice job , is that the stock colour , its the new forest this year well worth a visit

cornmek1
Rides:: Currently Sinnis Hero 125 - several cubs in the past

Post by cornmek1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Be aware of water getting at the ht in heavy downpours w/o the full legshield , wd40 & a good spark cap will help... happened to a friend.. hem hem....

Welcome from Winchester

Kev