(Another) Newbie...

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
philipj
Rides:: Surly...Van Nicholas...

(Another) Newbie...

Post by philipj » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Good evening.

It is MANY years since I owned a Honda C90, but as is usually the case, I have never forgotten what a great little bike they are.

After years of owning and riding just about everything...REALLY, all the Japs, most of the Brits, plenty of Italians, Uncle Sam's finest etc etc...I find myself in a sort of 'seen it all, done it all' place. I still enjoy the racing..BSB/WSBK/MotoGP is an absolute passion, but I haven't ridden a motorbike for five years...the last one was a drum braked/right hand change Royal Enfield....I would hate to think that THAT was was the end of my motorcycling days.... :mrgreen:

That's the past, where am I now? 61 years old and a mad keen cyclist. I cycle circa 6,000 miles per year and love it to bits....BUT (as said) I'm still interested in motorbike racing and motorbikes, and I reckon that I never miss a day without perusing ebay, looking at motorbikes for sale, and running through the idea of buying yet another....just a tiddler....nothing fancy...nothing TOO expensive ...just a little bike that I can ride now and again and give me that motorbike 'buzz'

SO.....I reckon I need another C90.

I will obviously advertise in the 'Wanted' section, but in the highly unlikely event that anybody has read this post this far, if you have an immaculate, low mileage, late as possible C90 for sale please PM me details. Note, I really really REALLY do not do tatty/rough/badly maintained etc etc. I'm a retired engineer and I do my own head in (seriously)

Summer's coming...but not today.... :lol:

Thank you.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: (Another) Newbie...

Post by Capitano » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Best of luck and welcome.

Don't get one too immaculate or you'll never want to ride it. :lol:

I was lucky enough to find a cosmetically tatty but sound 18 year old C90 that had done less than 2000 miles in 2014. It now looks (a bit) better and I still love riding it. It did take me nearly 4 years to turn up the right one, though! :shock:

After a torrid year health wise I'm now facing up to restrictions in what, when, and for how long can ride this year. Treasure your cycling and I think a C90 will suit you admirably.

Just don't take as long as I did to find the right one! :lol:

The economics of the C90 "scene" are now in your favour. There are more bikes being saved from ultimate deterioration because buyers are prepared to a a bit more for them. ie there are more decent ones around than there were 5/6 years ago, but they do sell for more money.

philipj
Rides:: Surly...Van Nicholas...

Post by philipj » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Capitano wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:19 pm
The economics of the C90 "scene" are now in your favour. There are more bikes being saved from ultimate deterioration because buyers are prepared to a a bit more for them. ie there are more decent ones around than there were 5/6 years ago, but they do sell for more money.
An interesting point.

And 'Thank You' for the welcome... :)

PhilB
Rides:: C70zz, C90zz, S65, Tiger 955i

Post by PhilB » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Welcome!

Good luck finding a bike.