Wayfarer Sailing Dinghy £1200

RE-OPENED :)
knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: Wayfarer Sailing Dinghy £1200

Post by knapdog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 pm

As a RYA Dinghy Instructor I've sailed many though have done hardly any sailing for the last eight years. I have owned a GP14 for around twenty years and is my dinghy of choice. Wayfarers are heavy boats. I wouldn't want to be pulling one up on a slipway on my own. Very stable. Very good sea boats that plough through the waves. A lot of sail for one person in a Force 4+ but they're easily reefed. Best sailed two up.
Don't want to spoil the party but anyone buying a Wayfarer needs to know the pros and cons.

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Re: Wayfarer Sailing Dinghy £1200

Post by raybarber » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 pm

knapdog wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:20 pm
As a RYA Dinghy Instructor I've sailed many though have done hardly any sailing for the last eight years. I have owned a GP14 for around twenty years and is my dinghy of choice. Wayfarers are heavy boats. I wouldn't want to be pulling one up on a slipway on my own. Very stable. Very good sea boats that plough through the waves. A lot of sail for one person in a Force 4+ but they're easily reefed. Best sailed two up.
Don't want to spoil the party but anyone buying a Wayfarer needs to know the pros and cons.
Agreed knapdog. If you have limited sailing experience, do an RYA course first. You probably won't kill yourself otherwise but you will end up looking pretty foolish. Here's a little video I took at Fishguard a few years back.