C90E Cub for sale - many new parts

RE-OPENED! :)
Tmd
Rides:: C90E

C90E Cub for sale - many new parts

Post by Tmd » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Honda C90 Cub - Square headlight version. I bought the bike in need of a good tidy up although with a good engine so I decided to take it to bits to a virtual bare frame and then the surface rust was all sanded off and encapsulating primer applied over most of the frame (http://www.eastwood.com/rust-encapsulator.html) then 6 coats of Blue metallic paint and 3 coats of clear laquer were applied - again over most of the bike. Then a lot of major items were replaced with brand new :- exhaust, rear shock absorbers, leg shields, rear indicators, rear wheel, hub, spokes & tyre, front mudguard, headlight unit, fuel pipe, and many other smaller items that I have forgotten. Other items were cleaned and re-painted / greased where necessary and a coat of ACF50 applied in the insides of the frame. The bike is now in very very good condition and protected against rust. I did not refurbish the whole bike as some minor things I thought I could do a later date like the plastics around the handlebars are a bit tatty and a few bits and bobs here and there but generally the bike is fantastic - take a look at the photos. The engine could do with a bit of paint but it runs sweetly and has no rattles or odd noises, the gears are all there and pulls along very well. The bike rides and stops very well. It is M-O-T'd till May and taxed till end of April. This has had most of the jobs done that will ensure this bike should last for a long time - all solid strong metal (they often rust badly on the rear mudguard - this one should last 20 years now) It's not perfect but it's certainly one of the best C90's you will find. Would like around £750. The bike is in Derby.

Josh8178
Rides:: Honda C90

Re: C90E Cub for sale - many new parts

Post by Josh8178 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:18 am

Where about in Derby are you? I'm from Blyth, notts. Would you take 700? I can collect.

Tmd

Post by Tmd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi, thank you very much for your offer but it is provisionally sold. Can I come back to you if it falls through?

Tmd

Post by Tmd » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:50 pm

It is sold now, thanks.