Honda C90 - 1995, £1,000, - on road with current MOT, but needs repair

RE-OPENED! :)
MTS
Rides:: 1995 c90, 1981 Honda cb250rs

Honda C90 - 1995, £1,000, - on road with current MOT, but needs repair

Post by MTS » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:54 pm

Honda C90 Cub 1995, 22k miles, on the road and running with current MOT - but needs repair for new MOT next month.
£1,000 ono
(Pricing at less than half the cost of a shiny one…. Hoping I don’t have to stick it on ebay)

Runs well, MOT to October 12th, but needs frame repair (Fine to drive and ride home). Could be a great project to do up. Or just patch it up and use it – it’s great to run about on, and they don’t all need to be shiny!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y1muCM7TghvZQ4Hb7

I’ve had this cub for around 12 years, and will be sad to pass it on, but don’t have the space or time to repair so am hoping someone else can give it a good home. I’ve given it lots of love and servicing, but this is a cub I’ve been using regularly rather than keeping it polished as you can see in the photos.

Repair needed:
Well serviced over the years, with plenty of bits done, but used regularly rather than just for show so the rust has got to the forward section of the rear arch – now needing welding. You might get away with filling it as I don’t think it is structurally important, but a weld would be sensible. The rest of the rear arch is solid, I rust treated and sealed this when it first started to get grotty and it has been stable ever since. Unfortunately the lowest/front part of the arch has gone through, I think rusted from the battery compartment side that I hadn’t treated. I have now thoroughly investigated it with a screwdriver and poked as many holes in it as I can removing anything loose, making it look as bad as possible but honest – the rest is solid. What you see in the photo is what needs dealing with.
I had it MOT’d early to check for anything else, you can see the fail if you look online – but current MOT still running into October.
MOT highlighted it also needs a rear wheel bearing. Front wheel alignment came up as a problem, but I sorted this by just re-tensioning the bolts with the wheel held straight – if this comes back as a problem it will probably need new bushes, but I think it’s OK now.

You could of course get a new frame, which seem to be cheaper than I thought, but if I were keeping it I would probably just patch it up and use it.

The rear plastic trim is off – but included. I left it off so I could confirm the rest of the rust treatment was doing OK, which has shown no sign of deterioration over the past years. As in photos you can see the treated rust around the rear arch – you could sand and paint of course.
I cut down the leg shield years ago as I like the streamlined look, obviously easy to revert that if you want! I have the honda badge for the leg shields.

V5, multiple spare keys, and probably some random bulbs and spare parts also included. Plus my own service log so you can see what’s been done recently, some details below:

Recent Servicing:
Cut off and replaced centre stand 6 months ago, new pivot bolt – saving massive pain to the new owner.
Metlzler ME22 tyres front and rear 1 year ago.
Rear brake pads this year, serviced front and rear brakes.
Swing arm, replaced with after market ~ 2 years ago, repainted 6 months ago.
Oil, a few months ago.
Bulbs, cables, air filter, bearings etc as needed. Exhaust 6 months ago.
Probably lots of other bits and pieces….

Located in central Edinburgh: Marchmont, Edinburgh, EH9 1HT
Welcome to come have a look.
I could possibly drop it off not too far if there is an easy way to get home – but would need a deposit before I start wasting time! You should probably come and look…. Then we can discuss delivery if needed.

Enquiries to:
MarchmontCub@Tnnr.co.uk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MTS

Re: Honda C90 - 1995, £1,000, - on road with current MOT, but needs repair

Post by MTS » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:42 pm

This is now on ebay, as I don't know what to price it at and didn't get sensible offers.

So might go cheap......

I'll put a link in the ebay section (or just search for it in Edinburgh)

MTS

Re: Honda C90 - 1995, £1,000, - on road with current MOT, but needs repair

Post by MTS » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:48 pm

PS - I would edit the title on here to a lower price, but don't think I can?

Anyway, price will be decided by the auction now I guess.