CF70 restored, original, genuine. £2200

RE-OPENED! :)
mtrehy
Rides:: CF70, CR250r, CBR900

CF70 restored, original, genuine. £2200

Post by mtrehy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi All,

Hi,

I have owned this Chaly since 2012 and have been slowly restoring it back to original condition since. It has had only 2 previous owners, the last owner had it from 1986-2012.

Chaly's often come up for sale on ebay and are often described as "restored" but mostly they have shiny paint and a load of chinese replacement parts, wrong carb, lifan engine's etc. This is not one of those.

Where possible every item that I have replaced has been with genuine honda OEM parts.

New genuine Honda sourced items include;

Seat
Luggage rack
Mirrors
Leg guards
grips
Footpeg rubbers
Brake lever
Throttle mechanism
horn

Where possible I have reconditioned existing genuine parts. The bars and top clamp have been rechromed.

Bike has brand new michelin tyres, new tubes, new exhaust, new Yuasa battery and loads of other new bits that I can't remember!

The rest of the bike has had a bare metal respray, Every part that has paint on it has been bare metalled. Many of the other metal items, bolts, brake linkages etc have been zinc plated.

Engine / carb / brakes etc are original Honda items.

I have not seen a more original CF70 than this one.

Next on my list if I keep the bike will be to put 3 new indicators on (1 is new). All of them are original Honda (stanley) items but 3 of them are showing their age - these are about £20 each. The brake pedal and gear pedal are original but would benefit from re-chroming. I think with those done it would be amongst the best Chaly's still on the road.

The bike will come with 12 months MOT and is Tax and MOT exempt from next summer (you will never have to mot it).

I welcome any inspection - either Salisbury (Mon-Weds) or Blandford Forum (Thurs-Sun).

The bike is registered in my name, at my address, has 2 (original) honda keys (both do both the ignition and steering lock). Comes with the brochures and manual shown on the pics. I'm not desperate to sell and could probably get more money in the spring but would be good to see it go to a loving home and I've got another Chaly waiting to restore!

I could possibly deliver (by negotiation and if you're not miles away). I won't reply to stupid offers.

thanks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292808976196 ... 1555.l2649

Mattt
Rides:: Honda c90c Chaly CF70 Yamaha YDS5 Honda CB400n superdream

Re: CF70 restored, original, genuine. £2200

Post by Mattt » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 pm

V nice restoration, like the colour too