£1500 - 1997 Honda SuperCub C90T SOLD!

RE-OPENED! :)
George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

£1500 - 1997 Honda SuperCub C90T SOLD!

Post by George » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 pm

This thread is for my beloved MGK. You can check the project thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27859

This is a very reluctant sale as this is my daily ride and I simply love this bike. Reason for sale is that I am downsizing to just two of them so this has to go sadly.

It has attended most of the C90club events on this bike and it proved to be a workhorse. Been modified slightly to accommodate a lot of luggage and got it ready for touring.

I have invested a lot in it to keep it mint and running properly. You can see a list of parts that were bought for this bike most being original Honda Parts (95%+). New Honda Cylinder Head because an exhaust stud sheared, new Honda rear swinging arm because a tap sheared for the bottom chain guard, new Honda chain guards as the ones that I bought the bike with were aftermarket, did get the tyre information and chain adjuster stickers on the chain guard, new Honda front mudguard, new Honda top handlebar cowl was changed for this sale as one of the fixings on the old one was damaged and it was rattling and many more parts that you can identify on the list (name, part number and price paid for the part). As you can see, I have spent more than £2300 on this bike as I wanted a perfect C90.

Besides the parts that you can see in the list, I have modified it to a solo seat as I was going to use it to travel the world and I did not want to unstrap my tent every time I was refuelling. I do have the original seat for it that will come with the bike. There is the Rickman rack that takes soft side bags and the Rickman top box. It has a permanent 12V socket in the box that will charge your phones, cameras and even inflate your airbed and you have a 2 x USB ports on the front where you can charge your phone, satnav etc. The front USB charger is wired to the low beam so that it doesn't drain the battery (the latter is a Yuasa). You have the complete tool kit (original Honda) under the left hand side cover which I bought after getting the bike. New-ish Michelin M45s, new Honda horn as it failed the MoT because of it (needed to be Honda).

MoT till 8 May 2019 so almost a full year. Bike is taxed and insured so you can ride away. Will still use it from time to time so the miles will go up a bit, but not too much as my commute is of 14 miles a day on quiet roads.

I would like to put into words how much I care about this bike... for instance, I have stripped the rear wheel arch and seamed sealed it, zinc primed it in 3 layers, stone chipped it in 2 layers and wax oyled it in 2 layers. The seams and the whole frame looked spotless when I bought it so wanted to keep it that way. Used ACF50 in all the areas like under the tank inside the frame, rims, spokes etc.

Never crashed it so it rides straight and feels solid. I have bought the rear shocks from eBay as I knew that these were better. It feels much better around the bends as it gives more confidence, but also on bumpy roads as it doesn't bottom out anymore. I will include the original shocks in the sale. Changed the steering stem bearings a month ago as there was a bit of wear... original Honda parts again.

There is a lot of history between me and this bike, so if you want more info, please ask, I would be happy to tell you more.

Comes with two keys that will work the ignition barrel, steering lock and helmet holder and 2 x keys for the Rickman top box.

Have fitted a Honda Little Cub engine guard to it.

PS: The top box is now fixed so no more loosing things on the go as I experienced at Matlock. 8-)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Re: £1500 - 1997 Honda SuperCub C90T

Post by George » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:01 pm

£1450

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm

Bargain.

George

Post by George » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Bike was collected by the new owner on Sunday morning.

So now sold... :roll: