12v C90 Street cub project or Plop racer £650

RE-OPENED! :)
Lorenzo
Rides:: Bros 680, Daytona 675

12v C90 Street cub project or Plop racer £650

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Bought from this site about 8 months ago as an MOT failure (rust under the mudguard), then a rebuilding was set about, in anticipation of an entry into the Plop enduro in May. However, plans didn't work out, life got in the way of the rebuild process which in the end was rushed through with only a couple of days to go before the race, which left no time to sort out the teething issues, which basically was that it'd jump out of 3rd back down into 2nd under full power. At half throttle 3rd goes in fine. It was selecting gears perfectly well before the strip down so it may've just been a reassembly issue, but it also may be that the extra torque from the modifications has shown up the worn selector drum and/or fork. Here's the full spec:
  • New shocks front & rear (YSS up front, racing boy at the back)
  • New chain & sprockets (+1 front -1 rear)
  • The engine stripped and aqua blasted, rebuilt with new gaskets, new bearings in all but the kickstart (unavailable in the short time we needed to get it sorted in)
  • The old 'cam in head' swapped for a later version head with a roller bearing cam
  • High lift cam fitted
  • Head ported & polished, 3 angle valve seat cut on the inlet (valve was too small for our tool on the exhaust!)
  • Aftermarket CDI with higher rev limit and a bit more ignition advance
  • Large oil cooler & take-off plate fitted
  • New cam chain
  • Selection of jets purchased in anticipation of the colossal tarmac searing power it'll create
  • New spark plug
  • High level pit bike exhaust fitted
  • Pipercross air filter fitted
  • New handlebar conversion kit purchased inc bars (but not fitted, allows you to fit renthal type bars to lower your stance slightly)
  • Single seat with natty white piping fitted
  • Race wets front & rear (both fronts from a 125 race bike, not road legal)
  • New inner tubes fitted, plus spare included
  • New coil fitted (ignition type, not a contraceptive, this bike is good enough at that on its own)
  • Chopped all the rusty bits off the back in a 'street cub' style, then braced underneath with 3 sheets of 0.7mm steel. Grotty underseal paint over it now, but rock solid rear end in terms of metalwork.
  • Runs well in 1st & 2nd gear, jumps out of 3rd back down to 2nd when under power
  • Second hand footpeg hanger included which allows you to fit flip up type pegs, save the original solid ones digging in on ballsy corners.
  • I still have got the original head & cam knocking about somewhere too, this head has been aqua blasted as well.
  • Comes with 2 sets of legsheilds (one slightly cracked, the other is tidy but has holes cut for oil cooler lines), pattern type standard exhaust, standard pegs & stands, rickman box rack, original rear mudguard and a selection of rusty bracketry, lights etc, standard shocks, standard seat with a hole in the cover, road legal tyres (fairly cheap brands, but got enough tread for an MOT), slightly cracked side covers and of course, it has a V5 present, plus a bit of history too.
This is a C90E, so an early 12v bike, which means it's a bit more reliable than the earlier points type bikes, but also comes with a slightly dangerous attribute of being able to go 'right round the box', 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 1st. That'll keep you on your toes...

The bike's in Stockport, at my mates workshop where the engine was rebuilt, but he's not got the time and probably never will have, I don't have the time and even if I was to force it in, i'm not sure my heart's in it any more, it's all gone a bit sour with him. I bought the bike as stock for £450, there's well over £450 of kit bolted on, plus the time putting the engine through the blaster and doing the head work & welding, none of the parts have ever been used in anger other than a few frantic runs on a dyno. Take the whole lot away for £650, get yourself enrolled into the next enduro round at Anglesey this September and have great fun. Assuming the selectors are cheap & you can rebuild it, that's a bike plus an enduro race entry for less than a grand.
I'll give it a week on here, then let the dogs of ebay offer me a second hand playstation 2 and most of a packet of hobnobs. Please save me from these people, take little ol' wilf off my hands.
Last edited by Lorenzo on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorenzo

Re: Street cub project or Plop racer

Post by Lorenzo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:02 pm

Image (this isn't a picture of a cave somewhere, this is the underside of the rear arches where it's been welded)

lawman
Rides:: ccm, honda, Aprilia

Re: 12v C90 Street cub project or Plop racer £650

Post by lawman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:08 pm

New coil fitted (ignition type, not a contraceptive, this bike is good enough at that on its own)

:D

Interested in the bike, but just joined so cant pm you yet (not enough posts) do you have any alternative contact details.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Give me a ring on 07947 105807 if you fancy a chat about it.

Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Provisionally sold, pending collection etc. Nice speakig to you Lawman.