1994 C90P Cub - MOT/TAX March 2011 - £350

RE-OPENED! :)
Andym5133
Rides:: 1994 C90

1994 C90P Cub - MOT/TAX March 2011 - £350

Post by Andym5133 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi folks -

I used this to go from Huntingdon to Paris in June this year (pictures within riding stories) in aid of Help For Heroes. . . .

I'm a little slow using this - so I've popped it straight on EBay, item number: 180560155087 (advert makes more sense when viewed through Ebay with other pics etc!). I'm not a Cub expert or anything like it - so excuse any obvious (to members) errors I've made (including price ?!) , It's just a really enjoyable, reliable little Honda...

In brief: C90P CUB Economy 1994 L Reg, 43000 miles, rides wonderfully, Tax / Mot March 2011.
Rear 1.jpeg
Good side.jpeg
Under seat.jpeg

Here we have my Honda C90 CUB for sale. I purchased the bike early 2010 in order to complete a Charity Ride (Help For Heroes) to Paris and back (circa 700 miles). The CUB completed the ride without any issues at all (unlike some of the others - including nearly new Chinese specials...) , Since then (June) I've used it daily to travel to work....

In order to give myself the best chance to complete the Charity Ride (see last photo - parked at the end of the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe in the back ground!) I had a lot of work carried out on the CUB, ultimately to ensure it was oil tight and in good order, as below:

New Head Gasket (piston and bore inspected at the time)
New kick start oil seal (Honda)
New crankcase gasket (Honda)
New Battery (compartment fully waxoyled at time of battery replacement)
New rear shock absorbers
Spark plug (correct NGK)
Air filter (Honda)
Number plate
Seat cover (not yet fitted - pictured with V5 - MOT certificate)
Oil changed / flushed several times / image shows the clean oil filter gauze on most recent oil change - 12th Sept 2010
Tappets adjusted

My CUB has been faultlessly reliable, starts, stops and rides really well. It is a 3 speed (manual gear change - but automatic clutch) really easy to get the hang of. She will happily cruise at 40 mph and runs to an indicated 55 mph. I'm sure you are aware but the CUB is a four stroke - so no need to top it up with two stroke oil - just fill with regular unleaded and enjoy. Ideal for work (key operates ignition and inbuilt steering lock on the forks).

Paintwork is probably the only area that needs attention, baring in mind the mileage and age, the bike is free from rot (image shows the rear tail section - again waxoyled) but does have some scrapes / marks, completely useable, but by no means `immaculate` - If I had kept it I would have looked to re-spray parts of it, to match the new leg shields acquired by the previous owner. Happy to describe the condition in more detail / facilitate viewings.

Exhaust is not standard - again fitted by previous owner (I've replaced the exhaust gasket) sounds / looks good - not loud or `chavvy`.

I gathered some spares for the trip which I'm happy to be included in the sale:

Haynes Manual
Two Inner tubes and tyre tapes
Gasket set
Brand new tailored seat cover (current original Honda one has some tears)

Tyres are barely worn, and its all lubed / greased as it should be, lives in the garage, ready to be ridden away, cash on collection, I live close to Huntingdon Cambridgeshire.

Not going split any of the bits / bike - just need the garage back as I'm going to do a season Hillclimbing next year.

On Ebay for £350 or nearest offer. Im on 07860 643315 - Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andym5133
Rides:: 1994 C90

Re: 1994 C90P Cub - MOT/TAX March 2011 - £350

Post by Andym5133 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:35 pm

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Went from Ebay overnight ! Nicefella collected it - promptly rode it back to Notts, in the rain.......

Thank you for the interest - miss it already..........