My New? ST70

A place for Monkey Bike and Mini Bike (including Grom/MSX) enthusiasts. This will be moderated in accordance with C90Club rules. Welcome!
Jimo
Rides:: Honda NH125 Lead, NH80 Lead, ’78 ST70, ‘94 Helix

Re: My New? ST70

Post by Jimo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm

You’re making a lovely bike there Steve, I’d looked at that type of tank on the CT but like you say its hard to get and expensive for what it holds. But your bike is a beauty in the build....!

Jim

Jimo

Post by Jimo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:49 pm

I’ve just been out to the garage and checked the fitting of the new fuel tank, it fits exactly onto the carrier rack and will lock into place, no need for pipework because the tank is removable and has a flexible Pourer pipe within its outlet.
Chuffed to little meat balls - or something like that, reckon I could now reach the south coast! Not too sure about camping because if I were to lay down I simply could not get up again without aid.
DON’T GET OLD - IT DOESN’T PAY and it’s not nice....

Oh by the way - I had an OFF on the Helix last week - when making a very slow 160 deg left turn into my bike shop’s premises, and yes, a couple of folk lifted the bike from off top of me, - Shaken - but Not Stirred! and the bike wasn’t damaged, - just my pride!

Jim

Jimo

Post by Jimo » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Now that I’ve got my 6v indicators working correctly (at the correct flash speed) I’ve now got the LED lamp for my ST’s Stop/Tail Light, next job will be to convert the existing A/c supply from the generator to DC for the lamp’s power while giving me a much better and brighter light using lower current.

Jim

Jimo

Post by Jimo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Spent my 84th back in hospital with chest and back pains..... CT Scan after 6 days showed that all stents are mostly blocked and cant be un-blocked, heart valves are not damaged enough to warrant surgery by Papworth......after 10 days went home in pretty much same condition and have not been outside the house since as c an barely shuffle instead of walking in a normal way. Generally feeling very tired and needing much rest, cant say when I can get back into garage to tinker, perhaps when I get return of some strength.

All the best,

Jim

Jimo

Post by Jimo » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:40 pm

Still alive - just, pains and tiredness don't want to leave, still haven't got back into garage, several small jobs to do on ST70 - must find time + energy — then RIDE — —RIDE !

Jim