Plop enduro carb

Place your Plopping Posts here! Sub forum dedicated to C90 racing, tuning, and plopping!
Bibblyoo
Rides:: Cbr 600 honda c90

Plop enduro carb

Post by Bibblyoo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi to anyone reading,

I've managed to get myself into the mallory enduro but I've come across a carb related problem. Would anybody be able to shed some light on which carb I'm allowed to use.

The rules do say a keihin pb carb fitted to a 1984 12v c90 but no matter how much googling i do i keep getting a either a square or a round bowl or an ebay copy but no definitive answer.

Really don't want to get chucked out due to a technicality so would anyone have a pic or more info of the one I need please.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Re: Plop enduro carb

Post by Alan CF » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:40 am

Hi, as the rules state (PB type carb, 15mm slide etc)
There should be a correct replacement on Ebay with those sizes,
other teams dont seem to have trouble in finding the correct ones. I will see if I can find a link.for you :)

Bibblyoo
Rides:: Cbr 600 honda c90

Post by Bibblyoo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, I've got 2 carbs 1 with a rectangle bowl and one with a round bowl. Both came from a c90 and are 19mm with a 15mm slide.

Like I said, I'd rather not get caught out on a technicality or be accused of being un sporting.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:13 pm

As long as it has PB on the side and the sizes are the same as the rules state and it's from a 12v c90 NOT a 6v c90 or ct90 it should be ok. If not then your possible get bumped into the open class,
But its still no loss,
99 other teams seam to get it right :)
It's a charity for fun race,