Me and some of my mates are keen on track days, some keener than others, would like to race but basically aren't good enough on bigger bikes.
So, inspired by what we've seen on social media, plan to enter 1 or 2plops to Mallory and Anglesea (if we a. get a place and b. survive)
We got 1 1990 C90 runner in not bad nick, and planning some restorations to make it reliable and hopefully safer. We'd quite like to put it back on ebay when we've finished so don't want to cut it up too much.
Have read a fair bit of what people have posted and studied many photos of mods.
- How much fuel would we need assuming we manage to complete 8hrs?
- In the absence of a welder, is it possible to mount some pegs on a threaded rod through the swingarm tube?
- I think some just use the rear pegs and replace the gearchange lever and make rear brake left hand operated?
- Planning to use CG125 shocks and maybe replace the fronts with new ones, are the damper kits (takegawa on ebay) of any value do people think? The rising under braking worries me a bit, and both ends seem to be devoid of any noticable damping. Again, don't have our own welder.
- What's a reasonable 'sag' setting if such a thing exists?