Throttle set up!

Place your Plopping Posts here! Sub forum dedicated to C90 racing, tuning, and plopping!
Johnt235
Rides:: Harley Lowrider S, Triumph Street twin, BMW K cafe racer, Honda C90

Throttle set up!

Post by Johnt235 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 pm

Hi all,
After having the best fun allowed with my clothes on, at Anglesey back in september, I've decided to pull the C90 to bits & build something a little more competitive than the bog standard C90 we raced back then (No.21 if your wondering). So Lifan 110 fitted blah blah blah but having an issue with the throttle in that I've junked the standard bar set up & gone for a top mount conversion and Ace drops. What throttle is everyone using, as I bought a pit bike one but it won't fit the cable (both have a 90 degree end set up, so either a cable to fit or throttle to fit). I know there are bigger things in life to worry about but losing the will to live, given I've also spent ages bastardising brand new Kepspeed rear sets, as they stop you kicking it over, as the kickstart hits em :(
Ta

John

culfy
Rides:: several honda c90's c70 and c50, lambretta li special puch and a honda cbf

Re: Throttle set up!

Post by culfy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi john , just stay standard c90 throttle ,we’ve raced for a few years now with no problems but each meeting there’s always teams having trouble with an aftermarket set up . If your determined to go that route buy two because there’s a strong chance it will fail .

wbower
Rides:: C90

Re: Throttle set up!

Post by wbower » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:17 pm

Any joys on an aftermarket throttle? Looking at one for myself for 22mm bars