Is the suspension adjustable at all?
what grade of oil do they use?

And anything else you can think of lol
As you might tell I dont know anything about them :lol:

sparky78
Rides:: '07' Honda Dylan SES 125 and '91' Honda C90 Cub

Re: Honda Dylan

Post by sparky78 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:47 pm

yeah they are pretty basic really and although not quite as easy to work on as a c90 most things are able to be done by a general Sunday tinkerer!! Obviously more panels etc to remove than a c90 but all easy enough. The rear suspension has 3 adjustable settings for stiffer ride if needed due to heavier load etc. Ive always left mine on factory setting which is light loads and smooth roads. Its comfy and handling is sturdy. Oil wise ive always used Shell Advance 4 stroke 10w/40 but user guide list lots of alternatives due to conditions that bike will be riden in. Anything else you want to know just ask!!

Knobby
Rides:: 2007 Honda SH300i

Post by Knobby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks for the reply so far,very helpful,
Whats the service intervals?

am thinking that if this bike is ok when I goto get it of getting some sort of screen for it.
What screens are there?

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 pm

one of my neighbours had there dylan nicked, was talking to him cos my cub was nicked as well, he says he got it back off insurance for salvage, front plastics, handlebar area is a mess, but the engine and rear seem mint, he did say may let it go for cheap, i know a guy here with one but he is skint, could ask if your interested in a spare motor? I'm also handy with spanners could drop it out no problem.

Knobby

Post by Knobby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

oh ok,any pics of the bike?

sparky78

Post by sparky78 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 pm

hi Knobby
Servicing is every 2500 miles and at Honda dealers thats about £150 which i think is far to much money for what they do. As i said i do the basics like oil change, air filter and spark plug etc myself to save money.

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Post by cruncherkid » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 am

Knobby wrote:Ok so what went wrong?
why was it a problem bike :?:
The one i had was an 04 plate, and it had been the subject of neglect and living outdoors with a young owner, it just seemed that all the cycle parts including the wheels were heading to rust or white powder way too quickly, and the bolts were shearing off all over the place when you tried to do anything simple(?) such as changing the rear brake cable and putting a new exhaust on, just did not have the build quality of a japanese Honda and seemed just an immense kerfuffle to do anything without having to strip all the plastic off first, nothing readily accesible, and definitely not home mechanic friendly in the way that the cubs and innovas are............ok maybe a bad one clouds your view for others, but be wary, the build quality is definitely not there in true Honda terms.....also found the parts F-expensive......is just an opinion from me, and i hope you find better.....

Cruncher

sparky78

Post by sparky78 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:00 pm

cruncherkid wrote:
Knobby wrote:Ok so what went wrong?
why was it a problem bike :?:
The one i had was an 04 plate, and it had been the subject of neglect and living outdoors with a young owner, it just seemed that all the cycle parts including the wheels were heading to rust or white powder way too quickly, and the bolts were shearing off all over the place when you tried to do anything simple(?) such as changing the rear brake cable and putting a new exhaust on, just did not have the build quality of a japanese Honda and seemed just an immense kerfuffle to do anything without having to strip all the plastic off first, nothing readily accesible, and definitely not home mechanic friendly in the way that the cubs and innovas are............ok maybe a bad one clouds your view for others, but be wary, the build quality is definitely not there in true Honda terms.....also found the parts F-expensive......is just an opinion from me, and i hope you find better.....

Cruncher
hi cruncherkid
I know what your saying but i think neglect takes its toll on any bike no matter where its made. The beauty of a C90 is that its so basic that build quality only just registers!!There is almost nothing on it to build! lol. My 1st c90 which was an E-reg was a nightmare for bolts shearing off etc. You are right in the fact that the Dylan has lots of panels to remove when you work on them but this should be simple enough on a cared for bike. Build on my Dylan is spot on and i look after it so i should be ok for a good while!! Parts are a bit pricey but again thats because the c90 is just so simple to fix.

Knobby

Post by Knobby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Spoke to my local honda dealer today and the bloke I know there filled me in on a few things.

I think as long as the bike is ok when i goto look at it I will have it.
Then I think first job is a good clean up.

sparky78

Post by sparky78 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Knobby wrote:Spoke to my local honda dealer today and the bloke I know there filled me in on a few things.

I think as long as the bike is ok when i goto look at it I will have it.
Then I think first job is a good clean up.
just as a matter of interest, what did he have to say? Ive never really spoken to a Honda dealer about them since they sold me one!! Obviously before id bought the bike they rated it very highly!!