pcx review

Anything else ya ride!
horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

pcx review

Post by horobags » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:07 pm

Ive had small bikes for about 10 years now, always having a bigger bike as well, but recently bought a PCX as my big bike as I have a 110 vision for commuting.
I've had the PCX a couple of months now. At first I thought 'shit' Ive made the wrong decision,,a 125,,with pillion,, .
On the road it a is quite decent ride, will sit at 55 ish two up and had it up to an indicated 70mph. We went out with a mate on a R/E one weekend and making decent progress up hills ect, well it struggles, if I'm going to do any group riding I need something bigger.
So on bike trader looking for a slightly bigger replacement scoot, around 300cc's, got to admit I'm quite impressed with SYM's, but the following tuesday the letter comes and my second knee replacement is booked for 2 weeks today. So I decide to keep the PCX, light , easy to handle, and feet forward (two positions). The ideal scoot for my recovery which means I will be back on the road quicker than I would be on a bigger heavier scoot.
So with the decision made I've done another 400 miles on the PCX and have really bonded with it. Yes its slow up hills, and overtakes are limited, but its a 125!! and once in the frame of mind thats 'it is what it is', I'm quite enjoying it, and it may stay a lot longer than anticipated. 132 mpg is a nice bonus too, even 2 up. The wife is also comfy on the back.
I much prefer these days riding slow bikes fast, than riding fast bikes slow!!

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Re: pcx review

Post by 125erCrazy » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:45 pm

TBH I'm struggling to justify any other bike than a 125 nowadays (yeah I'm tight)

The main issue is major roads in Europe when I want to get somewhere in a hurry & local plod getting sniffy.

And as French e10 is STILL rocking at €2 a litre filling up can get eye watering

Godspeed
Rides:: Anf125, C90G, PCX125

Post by Godspeed » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:15 pm

Totally agree.
The pcx is quite hard to beat. As you know I’ve done some quite high mileage touring abroad and will take it again in September to whizz across to Switzerland for a couple of days and back home to Bristol within a long week.
I do keep thinking about replacing (who doesn’t spend their time searching through other bike offerings?)
But: 240miles out of a full tank of 8 litres. Underseat storage and comfy for up to 485miles in a day. There’s not much out there that comes close.
Enjoy 👍

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:51 am

horobags wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:07 pm
The ideal scoot for my recovery which means I will be back on the road quicker than I would be on a bigger heavier scoot.
Yep, that's why I had a Burgman 125 for a year after surgery. I probably should have kept it longer ...

A sensible decision all round, mate. Good luck with the upcoming surgery.

8-)
125erCrazy wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:45 pm
TBH I'm struggling to justify any other bike than a 125 nowadays (yeah I'm tight)
I'm at that point. In fact I've probably been at that point for a while.

Just stasis and the fact that my present situation, "ain't broke," keeps me from going down that road.

:ugeek:

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:25 pm

thanks Capitano.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:39 pm

rode one when they came out years ago,didnt like it,sat on one recently still didnt like it.but thats me. :roll:

Godspeed

Post by Godspeed » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:53 pm

I wasn’t very well when I was young and ended up being sick, didn’t like it. Was sick a few weeks ago, still didn’t like it 😉

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:45 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:53 pm
I wasn’t very well when I was young and ended up being sick, didn’t like it. Was sick a few weeks ago, still didn’t like it 😉
I knew Richie back then, and he was renowned for travelling to Maxi Muppets meets in far flung places on SH125s he'd ridden mega mileages on.

The PCX was hyped up when introduced. He took one for a long test ride, didn't like it, and continued to ride SH125s, and other 125s/110s, putting in a lot of miles.

Diesel Dave bought one of the first PCXs sold in the UK, and again didn't like it.

I might like them, but respect Richie and Dave's opinions.

In 44 years of riding on the road, and owning over 100 bikes, I've never had a BMW. They're marvellous machinery, and I'm glad that others love and ride them.

I respect their opinion, but despite many attempts, I've never found one I like.

It is what it is. ;)

Godspeed

Post by Godspeed » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:53 am

Totally, I respect that everyone is different and we all like different bikes, Thank God or else there would just be one bike and we’d all ride it What a boring life that would be!

I was just being silly, tongue in cheek, no offence meant.
👍

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:07 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:53 am
there would just be one bike and we’d all ride it
It would be a BMW! :lol:

No offence taken.

As recently as yesterday I've mentioned my never satisfied quandary with bikes, as in never being able to find, "the one," that will do everything, but settling in stasis when I have two (or more) that nearly make the whole. The response is inevitable, "Have you tried a BMW ..." :roll:

"I just don't like them."

"Yes, but have you tried the ..."

But, I'm as guilty. My mate who passed away recently shat money but was always unable to satisfy his biking desires.

He asked for my advice on what bike to get to do the monthly trip between his house in Rhineland, Germany to Shoreham by sea in West Sussex. He'd loved BMW GS's in the past but had fallen out with the BMW dealers in both areas. He also loved old Kawasaki 4s, Z900s, ZIs etc. I suggested a Kawasaki Versys 1000. He never realised that a bike existed, combining the comfort and practicality of a GS but with a Kwak 4 motor. I arranged for him to test one with a view to riding a new one back to Germany when he was next over.

I got a call from the dealer the Saturday he went there.

"Thanks for sending John over, lovely guy, and a pleasure to call him a customer now."

"Excellent, so he bought a Versys, I knew it was ideal for him."

"Errr no, he sat on one, said he didn't like it, and bought an MV Agusta Brutale from us, instead."

8-)