Yet another Vision 110

Anything else ya ride!
richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Re: Yet another Vision 110

Post by richie the 1st » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:04 pm

yeah have seen that as well,what do people think of the new 2021/22 honda vision 110,key-less i know but its got a new long stroke engine,which is a faster piston speed

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:47 am

I don’t think it’s a faster piston speed if it’s a longer stroke. All of these small engined singles seem to be going longer stroke and making the power in the low to mid range for what they are calling ‘riding in the real world’. That makes me chuckle when it was them that made the engines to ride at high speed in the land of fantasy?

I like the look of the new Vision 110 though. It’s not a million miles away from its predecessor and the engine should be an improvement too. The thing that stands out to me is the compression ratio has risen to 10.0 to 1 so maybe with a little fettling, this one might put out a bit more as it appears to be even more choked than the last generation and I managed to get that going a bit better playing with the fuelling.

Having the battery under the floor will take me a while to adapt my electrical mods to start there but no big deal I guess. They say it’s lighter but then the fuel tank is .6 litres smaller. Not really much of a weight reduction then but it’s only 100kgs in any case. A real big improvement will be the black finish in the wheels. They might look better for longer. Time will tell I guess but it’s the pizza bike of choice here in Edinburgh so it should sell well.

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:37 am

yeah i still think my 110 esp could do better mpg though might super-unleaded for a change,but than the suzuki car will get it and the suzuki address will do to.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:24 pm

I always used to run my esp on super unleaded but since I tried it in the new E10, I haven’t looked back. I don’t know why but it seems to run so well on it. The address seems to be popular here for delivery bikes too. I guess I went with Honda originally as I know them so much more than Suzuki. I loved my VanVan though and would have another in a heartbeat.
I’m still waiting on my special tool to remove the headset bearings on the project Vision. It’s showing on back order so I’ll have to wait a little while yet I’m guessing. No biggy though. I managed to lay some concrete yesterday to save my garage from the annual flooding season. Think I’ve sorted that now at least. Nice ditch and a sump with a pump finally seems to have done the job.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Just a little update on what happened to this Honda Vision.
It needed quite a bit of work in the end. I had to strip the whole front end to repaint the rusty frame and replace the steering head bearings. It also needed lots of little niggles sorted with sensors and electrical connectors, rusty earth points etc which I used the Picoscope to diagnose some of. It was then a case of a general strip down of the CVT, brakes including new hose, piston and seals etc. everything was covered and it managed to pass the MOT with one advisory for light corrosion on the rear shock.
It took me much longer than I thought because I recorded it all and uploaded it to my YouTube channel which was kinda fun. Something to watch when I’m old and past it I guess.
I then got it advertised and it sold in less than a week. I made a tidy profit and I’ve now got my eye on another project.
All is well that ends well then.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Nice one Scootyman everyone loves a profit except the person paying it :lol: :lol:

I bookmark the blogs give me something worth watching at 4am when I wake :shock:

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:06 pm

at that time i can sleep well :lol:

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:40 pm

I didn’t post a link by the way as it wasn’t a plug and thought better of it out of decency for the group and wider community. I’m now eyeing up an innova. Not the one I had before either. This one’s got a carburettor and a candle for a headlight :shock:

richie the 1st

Post by richie the 1st » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:08 pm

went out yesterday for the 1st time in a month since have new tyres [conti] put on,didnt even get 200 yards the difference is there it now rolls into bends and out out of them.
did 42 miles so now scrubbed in,but it rain when i had the new ones put on yeah better

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:26 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:40 pm
I didn’t post a link by the way as it wasn’t a plug and thought better of it out of decency for the group and wider community. I’m now eyeing up an innova. Not the one I had before either. This one’s got a carburettor and a candle for a headlight :shock:
just watched them on you-tube, great job , I really enjoyed watching them.