3X Motorcycles-Peugeot

Anything else ya ride!
125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

3X Motorcycles-Peugeot

Post by 125erCrazy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:26 am

So as 3X have gone into administration

https://scooterlab.uk/peugeot-distribut ... istration/

If folk have purchased/purchase a Peugeot Scooter the manufacturer warranty is with Peugeot but through 3X as their UK representative???

So will there be some cheap/discounted Peugeot Scooters for sale because of no back up warranty??

I appreciate you can go to Peugeot direct but as an Indian owned company with only the Metropolis still manufactured/assembled in France

Obviously when a new distributor is found then things are back to normal (a sweeping term in this new world order)

Viper254
Rides:: C70C (12v) (1983), Suzuki Inazuma 250 (2016)

Re: 3X Motorcycles-Peugeot

Post by Viper254 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:25 pm

That's a real shame - they were a lifeline when I was riding my Elyseo and always had a comprehensive parts backup.

Peugeot's scooter lineup has gone a bit quiet, so maybe they won't come back to the UK.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Viper254 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:25 pm
That's a real shame - they were a lifeline when I was riding my Elyseo and always had a comprehensive parts backup.

Peugeot's scooter lineup has gone a bit quiet, so maybe they won't come back to the UK.
I doubt that Mahindra will give up even the small foothold in the UK market that Peugeot scooters have.

Hopefully they will use the opportunity to bring the Jawa and BSA names back to the UK too. Equally hopefully they won't rely on someone like MotoGB as their distributor.

Viper254
Rides:: C70C (12v) (1983), Suzuki Inazuma 250 (2016)

Post by Viper254 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:55 am

Capitano wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:49 pm
Viper254 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:25 pm

I doubt that Mahindra will give up even the small foothold in the UK market that Peugeot scooters have.

Hopefully they will use the opportunity to bring the Jawa and BSA names back to the UK too. Equally hopefully they won't rely on someone like MotoGB as their distributor.
They'll need some offerings other than the rather tired Django to get started again.

Here's hoping for a distributor that's not MotoGB, although there's not that much choice around right now.

I remember coming very close to a Kisbee 100 (what a cracking scooter) when I bought my Suzuki Address 110 - can't remember what swung it now but I was really impressed with the Peugeots I have had.

Previously they were having some bikes built by Quinqi in China - supplier of a good chunk of Sinnis' stuff at some point or another.