Derestricting Vision 50

Anything else ya ride!
loadedtoad
Rides:: C90 CBR600 PE175

Re: Derestricting Vision 50

Post by loadedtoad » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:35 pm

Would explain the fine but dosen't explain the dealer getting points though or was it just the rider got the points ?.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 pm

No points for permitting no insurance

alan b
Rides:: honda p50

Post by alan b » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 pm

I was clocked at 36 mph on a honda p50 , thats the one with engine in rear wheel 1.38bhp , I actually got 2 lads from police garage to ride it , and they agreed limited by virtue of the £$%&&*( head would exlode at anything over 27mph

went to court , sympathetic judge (magistrate) who was shown pics of bike (and googled it) , advised (with a wink) to plead guilty , fined £30 and ONE point with no costs , this was oct 2019

the clerk of the court told me on way out that it would have cost many many thousands to fight the case

host image online free

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:45 pm

alan b wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 pm
I was clocked at 36 mph on a honda p50

host image online free
awesome do you still own it?

alan b
Rides:: honda p50

Post by alan b » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 pm

no got rid , it was to fast !

Mr honda was smokkin summot when he made that , brake levers were plastic and actually bent when it was warm , steering lock in on position , wheel pointed streight ahead , numerous other faults

talking about speeding mopeds ,

just reading report on bbc news where a guy on a modified e bike ran over a women which resulted in her death

what is more worrying was the fact that he jumped back on the bike and rode off before police/ambulance appeared , the bike had no markings (vrn) to assist the police

they are charging him with multiple offences inc no licence, no insurance and dangerous driving , the law as it stands is 15.5mph , his was capable of over 30 mph

time we had a vrn system and insurance for all ebikes , or any vehicle that has alternate power to pedelling (moped = motor assisted bike?), hell moped owners both old and new have to go thru the legalities , his e bike was faster than my honda p50!

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:24 pm

loadedtoad wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm
Similair thing did cross my mind when looking at big boring a piston and bore damaged lexmoto titan to a 180 that had a Delphi MT05 EFI ended up just putting a 150 on it still running fine a year later.
Was the Lexmoto Titan originally a 150 or a 125?
I’m asking because I’m currently playing with the FI system on my Vision 110, attempting to richen up the fuel/air ratio in pursuit of a little more oomph. I’m wondering if you increased the CC of your Lexmoto, did you increase the fuelling with a bigger injector or leave it stock and let the ECU work it out with what it had available?
I’m thinking if I increased my throttle body ever so slightly and enrich the mixture with a slightly bigger injector, I might get a little more power where the OEM map makes it run lean.
Any input or wisdom that you have experienced would be appreciated. My box of goodies from Thailand (Yuminashi) is now on its way.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:08 pm

alan b wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:03 pm
no got rid , it was to fast !

Mr honda was smokkin summot when he made that , brake levers were plastic and actually bent when it was warm , steering lock in on position , wheel pointed streight ahead , numerous other faults

talking about speeding mopeds ,

just reading report on bbc news where a guy on a modified e bike ran over a women which resulted in her death

what is more worrying was the fact that he jumped back on the bike and rode off before police/ambulance appeared , the bike had no markings (vrn) to assist the police

they are charging him with multiple offences inc no licence, no insurance and dangerous driving , the law as it stands is 15.5mph , his was capable of over 30 mph

time we had a vrn system and insurance for all ebikes , or any vehicle that has alternate power to pedelling (moped = motor assisted bike?), hell moped owners both old and new have to go thru the legalities , his e bike was faster than my honda p50!
We do. It is the law already.

His bike was capable of over 15.5mph but unregistered, and therefore illegal.

loadedtoad
Rides:: C90 CBR600 PE175

Post by loadedtoad » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:16 pm

loadedtoad wrote: ↑Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm
Similair thing did cross my mind when looking at big boring a piston and bore damaged lexmoto titan to a 180 that had a Delphi MT05 EFI ended up just putting a 150 on it still running fine a year later.
I’m asking because I’m currently playing with the FI system on my Vision 110, attempting to richen up the fuel/air ratio in pursuit of a little more oomph. I’m wondering if you increased the CC of your Lexmoto, did you increase the fuelling with a bigger injector or leave it stock and let the ECU work it out with what it had available?
I’m thinking if I increased my throttle body ever so slightly and enrich the mixture with a slightly bigger injector, I might get a little more power where the OEM map makes it run lean.
Any input or wisdom that you have experienced would be appreciated. My box of goodies from Thailand (Yuminashi) is now on its way.

It was a 125 i didn't alter anything else just put a 150 bore kit on it.No nasty engine management light and it rode fine.Dropped an oscilloscope on the O2 sensor out of curiosity and it was as expected so the fuel trim seems to deal with it no problem.
Didn't monitor the PWM of the injector so not sure if the ECU ran it to 100%
I've no hands on input on the vision 110 as not done any work on them but unless you've done major piston and head work i'd expect the original injector capable of a bit more oomph so to speak.
If you want a bit of overfueling it might be easier fooling the engine temperature sensor with a false value and make the engine run a touch richer (make the engine appear much cooler to the ECU).
A bigger throttle body and bigger injector is pretty much the same as banging a bigger carb on iv'e seen more problems than successus in that department but by all means have a go.
I'd be curious of your experiments perhaps start a new thread or PM me on your endeavours.

Viper254
Rides:: C70C (12v) (1983), Suzuki Inazuma 250 (2016)

Post by Viper254 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:47 am

Scootyman wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:24 pm
loadedtoad wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:49 pm
I did a little work on the Titan when it was being brought into the country - or maybe it was the FMS - I get hazy now.

They are just given a 125 barrel at factory with no other changes - the ECU is not changed and the bikes are usually sold as 150cc worldwide.

The Vision 110 is a whole different kettle of fish.