Honda Transalp

Anything else ya ride!
Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Honda Transalp

Post by Wuyang » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:28 am

Hello all,

Not been on for a while, I currently have no little Honda. I sold my innova a while back due to suffering badly with my lower back ( I had uprated the suspension, but I was still suffering).

Anyway I did own a bmw F650Gs ( 800cc twin not the single), this had great suspension, but the electrical gremlins got the better of me and I sold it. I was sad to see it go as it fitted me well and covered distance easy which helped my muscles.

I now have a transalp 650 ( y reg, 23,000 miles ) which I like and it seems to have better build quality than a lot of the newer bikes manufactured these days, however I need some advice on rear suspension. I believe it’s a Showa rebuildable shock with one of those pressurised adjustable nitrogen cans attached which can be adjusted with a screwdriver to adjust. Also there are two locking rings that can increase or decrease the spring tension. I know very little about pre load and all the terminology to do with shocks. My problem is I find it harsh when the rear wheel hits say a man hole which is a couple of inches below the road surface, it really is harsher than you would expect. The shock handles the up and down flows of the road nicely it’s just the holes etc in the road.

The nitrogen canister is set to its lowest setting, I have yet to check the locking rings, I believe I have to remove the battery to access these.

If anybody could shed any light on this before I start fiddling or putting my hand in my pocket for another shock.
Thanks
Jonathan

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Re: Honda Transalp

Post by barker » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:38 pm

sent you a pm

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Re: Honda Transalp

Post by Wuyang » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:53 am

Cheers
Barker