Royal Enfield Classic 500 efi

Anything else ya ride!
alihar07
Rides:: C90 '88 (red) Now gone: NT650V, Bullet B5, DR350SE, TDM900, XL650V & XL1000V

Re: Royal Enfield Classic 500 efi

Post by alihar07 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:33 am

I managed to get the front tube changed by the dealer I bought the bike off originally. They found a tiny hole in the tube, but no debris or hole in the tyre, so not sure what's up there... The original tube was a CEAT tube, not sure what their quality is like, but suspect they are sub-standard :? . The tube change cost me £28.60 in total including the tube and labour, so not too bad.
I also managed to get my bike its first 300 mile service at the local bike workshop, at 458 miles. The first service was just an oil and filter change for which they charged me £71.87.
Parts breakdown included £31.87 for the 15w50 fully synthetic oil and £40 for the labour. I supplied the filter, so had already paid about £11 previously. So all in all, not too bad a price to pay, and now I don't need to worry about another service for at least another 3000 miles. 8-)

LUKBENPHI
Rides:: '91 Triumph Trophy 1200 #433 off the line. & 1975 C50 6V

Post by LUKBENPHI » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:41 am

Fun little bikes enfields, I had a 2000 enfield bullet and once i had replaced the head gasket twice (don't ask) rebuilt the clutch (3 times) and fixed about 25 previous owner bodges it turned out to be an ok little bike, comfortable for my 6ft 1" and 19 stone fully geared up , and once i had tweaked the carb with some fresh jets and fitted a new exhaust ( due to rust ) it went well and would see 80 mph on the flat on a still day.

add a head wind to that and you'd be lucky to see 65 due to the lack of a screen, handled well even on avon speedmasters ( unless you road of the edge of the tyre :shock: , fuel economy wasn't brilliant partially due to living in the peak district with all the hills to climb but it never let me down after I'd put all the work into it

if your not aware there is a gent called Paul Henshaw on the midland bullet riders forum who tunes bullets including the newer EFI ones including the GT ( putting them rightly on par with the triumph bonneville ) , over 100 mph is possible with what he does to them hence he goes by the handle of 'Bullet whisperer' , he does a blog on what he does ion the forum and facebook ( performance classics) for those that like to read project threads .

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am

LUKBENPHI wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:41 am
Fun little bikes enfields, I had a 2000 enfield bullet and once i had replaced the head gasket twice (don't ask) rebuilt the clutch (3 times) and fixed about 25 previous owner bodges it turned out to be an ok little bike, comfortable for my 6ft 1" and 19 stone fully geared up , and once i had tweaked the carb with some fresh jets and fitted a new exhaust ( due to rust ) it went well and would see 80 mph on the flat on a still day.

add a head wind to that and you'd be lucky to see 65 due to the lack of a screen, handled well even on avon speedmasters ( unless you road of the edge of the tyre :shock: , fuel economy wasn't brilliant partially due to living in the peak district with all the hills to climb but it never let me down after I'd put all the work into it

if your not aware there is a gent called Paul Henshaw on the midland bullet riders forum who tunes bullets including the newer EFI ones including the GT ( putting them rightly on par with the triumph bonneville ) , over 100 mph is possible with what he does to them hence he goes by the handle of 'Bullet whisperer' , he does a blog on what he does ion the forum and facebook ( performance classics) for those that like to read project threads .
Excellent.
The Bullet Whisperer sounds as he's worth following.
Anything has to be better than that Tasmanian bodger (iredetas) on YouTube. He's ruined the bike.

alihar07
Rides:: C90 '88 (red) Now gone: NT650V, Bullet B5, DR350SE, TDM900, XL650V & XL1000V

Post by alihar07 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 pm

knapdog wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am
LUKBENPHI wrote:

Excellent.
Anything has to be better than that Tasmanian bodger (iredetas) on YouTube. He's ruined the bike.
He's modified it far more that I would, although I'm not sure he has ruined it. Everything that I've seen him do up until now can be reversed. :?

LUKBENPHI
Rides:: '91 Triumph Trophy 1200 #433 off the line. & 1975 C50 6V

Post by LUKBENPHI » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:21 pm

alihar07 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:09 pm
knapdog wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:59 am
LUKBENPHI wrote:

Excellent.
He's modified it far more that I would, although I'm not sure he has ruined it. Everything that I've seen him do up until now can be reversed. :?
Depends entirely which bike your referring to?

He's the creator of the ASBO enfields, IIRC he shortens the barrel to increase the compression ratio, matches the head to the barrel spigot to improve on indian engineering and prevent leaks of combustion gasses and balances the crank shafts on a full asbo conversion and usually reset the cam timing and does a port and polish job on the heads, him and his brother race enfields in classic classes and have won several championships with their crusaders

similar thing occurs when he does the EFi Bikes

He's also on youtube showing how he's done things and also technical how to videos as well

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:38 pm

^^^^ You are, of course, referring to the "Bullet Whisperer" and not the gentleman in Tasmania.

bart
Rides:: ST70, cg125, efi 500, Terrot etd, CM200 and Fantic tx250

Post by bart » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:14 pm

Just done 240 mile round trip for 3000 mile service, £80. Average mpg so far 89.... He also gave me one of the new bullet trials to use for two hours, great bike, lower geared slightly

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:14 am

That was a long way to go for an oil change... :D

bart
Rides:: ST70, cg125, efi 500, Terrot etd, CM200 and Fantic tx250

Post by bart » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:35 am

Diesel Dave wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:14 am
That was a long way to go for an oil change... :D
Yep.two reasons, my daughter lives there and I got a loan bike to go and see her at lunch time, the dealer is a great bloke and fair on pricing. We are moving up there when our house is sold.
Great ride alongside the wall.