Vision 110 - LED spot light upgrade.

Anything else ya ride!
Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Re: Honda Vision 110 LED spot light upgrade.

Post by Scootyman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:18 pm

horobags wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am
Dont know if this helps, but on the air filter restrictor, the msx 125 (grom), has a steel filter frame which when removed gives a little more airflow, dony know if there's one on the vision.
It’s funny you should mention that because I have a spare 110 esp engine (a Vision Mk2 engine) in the garage from my previous scooter that was written off and I pulled the air filter box apart last night. It does have a steel insert on one side of the filter. Which I guess would restrict airflow but I don’t know by how much. Surely all those holes in the filter equates to more that the inlet hose down to the throttle body?

Please anyone correct me if you think I am wrong:
Throttle body opening is 22mm wide
The pipe leading from the air box to throttle body is 25 mm wide so no restriction there if I go up to 24 mm throttle body.
The bit I don’t know is how much restriction the air filter would have on air pressure into the engine. When you consider an engine running at 5000 rpm is taking in air 2500 times a minute or 41 times a second? When you look at it that way the air box is emptying many times a second (does that sound right?).
I’m guessing it’s restricting somehow but I’m not too concerned about this as I’m only increasing the potential air flow by a little. I know some tuners of the MSX use 31mm or even 35mm throttle bodies so the increase needed in airflow would be quite significant. Maybe not so in my case by just enriching the mixture a little with a little more air. I’m wondering and I suspect these scooters run quite a lean mixture as standard and there’s potential for more power by just adding more fuel assuming the O2 sensor and fuelling map in the ecu doesn’t restrict that too much.
Your thoughts and expertise on this anyone would be very much appreciated.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:53 pm

To scootyman been looking at your you-tube post about going over the high road on the Honda innova 125 ,very good would you like to try on the Honda vision 110 ,you are a lot closere now.Would I like to have a ride over oh yes . 8-)

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:17 pm

If you’re referring to the Bealach Na Ba (pass of the cattle) video, yes I would love to go over again on the Vision. The thought had crossed my mind to do a tour on a scooter again and my best mate up here has a Vision too. Since I moved up to Scotland in late 2017, I have been up to that place on my CBF1000. It developed a misfire on the ascent which turned out to be the usual plug lead problem they suffer on number 3 lead but it got us home ok. That journey was a different kettle of fish mind. 750 quick miles in 3 and 1/2 days. Great fun but not as relaxing as scooter touring.
Let’s get through this 1000 years of pestilence we are all experiencing and maybe I’ll go again.

scottishzoomer
Rides:: Honda Zoomer

Post by scottishzoomer » Sun May 10, 2020 10:47 am

Looking good

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 am

scottishzoomer wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:47 am
Looking good
Found a nice 25.4mm Keihin throttle body and a 90cc injector on the web this evening for you sir.
I’m thinking it would be a better bet than trying upping the imap fuel map right now as the fuel rate won’t change, only the amount due to higher flow rate. Just working out if the standard manifold will take it or not. I’ll ask Reggy with another email.
Oh and my goodies have arrived into Heathrow this evening. Throttle body and bigger injector will be something to play with in lockdown.
All good fun

horobags
Rides:: sh 300

Post by horobags » Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 am

interesting topic, keep us posted .

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue May 19, 2020 1:27 pm

horobags wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:56 am
interesting topic, keep us posted .
It is an interesting one and one that I am spending quite a bit of time with right now. Unbeknown to most, you can actually play with your fuelling very much like a carburettor. Some of it is a bit hit and miss with some of the fuel controllers available but it is getting better and I am getting a bit of an expert with google translate, especially in Japanese and Italian. :geek:
You do need to monitor the air/fuel mixture with a gauge, which I am using a cheap multimeter set on 2 Volts. I have the red lead connected to a fly lead (pigtail lead) connected to my O2 sensor and the black lead goes to earth on the bike. It works and you know approximately where you are with rich and lean settings by the natural voltage (0-1Volts) given off the by the Zirconium O2 sensor as it heats up and cools.
All good fun anyway if you like that kind of thing and it’s kept me busy for some of lockdown in between requiring my garage lights and building a new scooter workbench.
I will keep you posted and let you know the results of my testing.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Tue May 19, 2020 3:14 pm

I will just ride it. 8-) :lol:

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Tue May 19, 2020 3:21 pm

richie the 1st wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:14 pm
I will just ride it. 8-) :lol:
Love your style!

I dunno why I like all of this stuff, it’s just fun to me I guess

andrewparry
Rides:: T80 Townmate, BMW C1, BMW F650GS, Honda Vision 110

Post by andrewparry » Thu May 21, 2020 11:11 am

I have recently purchsed a Honda Vision (to add to my collection of Townmate, BMW C1, and BMW 650GS). An amazing bike. Although I know we can post Vision related stuff here but I wonder if as Vision owners we now need a dedicated website? Am happy to create one.