Vision 110 - LED spot light upgrade.

Anything else ya ride!
50spence
Rides:: aspire to ride Honda Vision 110

Re: Honda Vision 110 LED spot light upgrade.

Post by 50spence » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:16 pm

Hey Scootyman,

I've been pining over a Honda Vision 110 for about a year....finally persuade my wife that a scoot for commuting around Edinburgh wouldn't actually kill me (I currently cycle but not getting any easier as I get older!). I'm hoping to get the CBT done this spring. Been watching Visions for sale on autotrader, but not much available up here in Scotland. Could I ask where you got yours and how was the experience?

Like your YT videos (which I love btw), I'd plan to put a Givi screen and topbox on it, and maybe mod the lamps to convert to LED...though I'll only be scooting around Edinburgh city as I live in a wee estate just off the bypass, so maybe won't need the conversion. Also, what winter tyres do you use?

Thanks,
James

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Got mine from dobies down in coulsdon surrey ,when I got it last month they said at the time the dealer bought 25 [now at least 24] from Honda all pre-reg by Honda uk.
Give them a ring and see what there could do,also got free a top-box with mounting plate

50spence

Post by 50spence » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 pm

Thanks, I called them but the delivery and on the road price brought it up to near the price of a new one here in Edinburgh. I’ll keep on the lookout though.

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:12 pm

50spence wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:16 pm
Hey Scootyman,

I've been pining over a Honda Vision 110 for about a year....finally persuade my wife that a scoot for commuting around Edinburgh wouldn't actually kill me (I currently cycle but not getting any easier as I get older!). I'm hoping to get the CBT done this spring. Been watching Visions for sale on autotrader, but not much available up here in Scotland. Could I ask where you got yours and how was the experience?

Like your YT videos (which I love btw), I'd plan to put a Givi screen and topbox on it, and maybe mod the lamps to convert to LED...though I'll only be scooting around Edinburgh city as I live in a wee estate just off the bypass, so maybe won't need the conversion. Also, what winter tyres do you use?

Thanks,
James
Hi James,
I too commute into Edinburgh everyday to work from just west of Dunfermline, about 23 miles each way across the Forth road bridge and mine is fine. I’m on my second esp engined Vision as the first was written off by a tailgater waiting at the lights to go up Drum Brae. I bought mine from Castle Motors in Castleford. My second cost me around £1800 on a pre-reg deal and delivery was around £100 I think. The first one came from Dobles and it was the first esp engined Vision to be registered (RIP) in December 2016.
Maybe you should drop me a PM, leave me a number and have a chat sometime as I have all sorts of goodies and info on the Vision 110. For the record though I use IRC winter tyres. I use an SN23 on the front and an SN26 on the rear in standard sizes. (Google Tyreleader)
I do have much research and projects happening in the background at present. I’m currently trialling a new 14watt LED H4 bulb made by OSRAM which I see you can now buy in Halfords and it’s excellent. No more ballast to find a space for as it’s built into the bulb itself. I am also looking closely at Heidenau tyres in different sizes for winter and I am currently talking to a company in Germany about a 130cc cylinder and piston kit which is a modded Honda barrel and piston. (Needs a larger injector and fuel modding but that’s not a problem)
I also have recently gained access to Honda MARIS and downloaded in paper form most of the official workshop manual for this model and I have a diagnostic lead to connect to the scooter and obtain any fault codes should the need arise.
If you want to contact me then feel free. Another friend of mine at work has a Vision also but he paid more at Two Wheels Honda (much more!). Because we have a spare engine for this scooter, any problems and we can scavenge parts so your welcome to PM and have a chat if you like.
Best regards
Scoots
P.s Two wheels Honda were excellent when I made a warranty claim recently. No questions about service history or anything. Just fixed it in two days and all good. If you’re wondering what was wrong, it was just an engine sensor which is nothing big and rare to go bad. I have now covered around 25,000 miles on Vision’s and I’m still happy with mine.

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 pm

50spence wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:49 pm
Thanks, I called them but the delivery and on the road price brought it up to near the price of a new one here in Edinburgh. I’ll keep on the lookout though.
James,
I feel your pain with trying to buy any vehicles in Scotland at below rrp. You don’t seem to be able to get a deal anywhere and sadly I’ll be buying her new car in Scunthorpe.
If your struggling though and there’s hundreds of difference in the price, I’ll see if a Vision with the wheels off would fit in the back of my people carrier with the seats out and we’ll invade England for an afternoon armed with spanner’s and sockets, dismantling your new scoot to fit in the back 😉
I like a little mission me.....
Scoots

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:27 pm

phenetas wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:32 pm
Hi Scootyman,
I also am a Vision 110 user and I like what I see in this post.
You’ve put in a good amount of work and the result looks good, bravo!

On my Vision 110, I already have replaced the honk for a pneumatic one which is louder and ideal to deal with non-paying attention drivers.

Today I am looking for a light upgrade, probably just like you but one thing bothers me: power management.

How to be sure that this relatively small scooter can handle extra accessories? Extra lights, extra honk etc... how to be sure?

I see that you have mounted heated grips, a POWER plug in the trunk etc.. does it handle all this well?

Do you have a volt-meter on the battery to check in real time that it is ok?

Best
Honda Vision esp acg output is 280 watts. At 12 volts that’s around 23 amps. I don’t have any problems and yes, I have a voltmeter fitted.
Scoots

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 pm
50spence wrote:
James,
I feel your pain with trying to buy any vehicles in Scotland at below rrp. You don’t seem to be able to get a deal anywhere and sadly I’ll be buying her new car in Scunthorpe.
If your struggling though and there’s hundreds of difference in the price, I’ll see if a Vision with the wheels off would fit in the back of my people carrier with the seats out and we’ll invade England for an afternoon armed with spanner’s and sockets, dismantling your new scoot to fit in the back 😉
Scoots
That should have read that I’ll be getting my girlfriends next new car in Scunthorpe. I didn’t edit that post too well 😂

50spence

Post by 50spence » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:02 am

Scootyman wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 pm
50spence wrote:
James,
Scoots
Thanks Scootyman for all the info. Really helpful. I’ll PM you later.

andrewparry
Rides:: T80 Townmate, BMW C1, BMW F650GS, Honda Vision 110

Post by andrewparry » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:06 am

So glad I came across this. I am just collecting my Vision 110 today and the one concern I have is its lack of road presence. Also, unlike the PCX, there is no dedicated owners club - or even a Haynes manual.

Scootyman

Re: Honda Vision 110 LED spot light upgrade

Post by Scootyman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:38 am

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on your new purchase. Don’t worry about the lack of Haynes manual. I have a near complete workshop manual for the latest model Vision 110 so if you need any tolerances, valve clearance specs or torque settings etc just drop me a pm and I’ll share with you the info you need. I also have a diagnostic lead for Honda bikes and scooters and it works a treat with the fault code section I downloaded. We recently tried it on my workmate’s Vision and correctly diagnosed a faulty V speed sensor.
I’m in the process of playing with a spare 110cc esp engine I have in the garage, turning it into a 130cc to see if bigger bore and injector gives a little more without changing the head or the exhaust. We will see......
Best regards
Scoots