Vision 110 - LED spot light upgrade.

Anything else ya ride!
Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Re: Honda Vision 110 LED spot light upgrade.

Post by Bogger » Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm

Keep it coming Man of the Scooter.

Bogger

Scootyman
Rides:: Honda Vision 110esp, Honda CBF1000

Post by Scootyman » Thu May 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Bogger wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm
I also noticed the Vision has an Altitude setting for the PGM-FI system. I could maybe lean it out slightly using that if need be I guess. Amazing what you can learn about these little scooters
Scoots
Bogger

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm

Bogger wrote:

Bogger
Ok, so don’t know how I messed that last message up but I just added a quote. Anyway....

This morning I went into the garage and fitted the new throttle body. I had to enlarge the mounting holes that connect the TB to the manifold as it’s slightly over size for the manifold but I did a nice job with a small round file from my chainsaw sharpening kit and it fits well. I then reset the TPS and the ECM. I’m thinking I may have had a problem with the old TPS as the ECM wouldn’t reset before I fitted the new TB which came with a new set of sensors.

And so I pressed the jolly start button and gave it some throttle. First impressions are that it’s seems to rev up much cleaner now that I’ve added a slightly larger throttle body. I then gave it a ride up and down the drive and it appears to pull better too. It was at that moment, I realised I was still wearing my Star Wars pyjamas! Let’s hope I’m using the force on this one. :lol:

I shall have a little test ride on my daily shopping trip this evening and report back the results of today’s fettling and spannerism.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 pm

andrewparry wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:11 am
I have recently purchsed a Honda Vision (to add to my collection of Townmate, BMW C1, and BMW 650GS). An amazing bike. Although I know we can post Vision related stuff here but I wonder if as Vision owners we now need a dedicated website? Am happy to create one.
Might be best to leave on here that way every body can read it.

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Sun May 24, 2020 6:28 am

Scootyman wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 pm
Bogger wrote:

Bogger
Ok, so don’t know how I messed that last message up but I just added a quote. Anyway....

This morning I went into the garage and fitted the new throttle body. I had to enlarge the mounting holes that connect the TB to the manifold as it’s slightly over size for the manifold but I did a nice job with a small round file from my chainsaw sharpening kit and it fits well. I then reset the TPS and the ECM. I’m thinking I may have had a problem with the old TPS as the ECM wouldn’t reset before I fitted the new TB which came with a new set of sensors.

And so I pressed the jolly start button and gave it some throttle. First impressions are that it’s seems to rev up much cleaner now that I’ve added a slightly larger throttle body. I then gave it a ride up and down the drive and it appears to pull better too. It was at that moment, I realised I was still wearing my Star Wars pyjamas! Let’s hope I’m using the force on this one. :lol:

I shall have a little test ride on my daily shopping trip this evening and report back the results of today’s fettling and spannerism.
Scootyman........did you try the Halfords led bulb? Just curious as I’m considering changing my sh125i bulb and wondering if it’s a worthy upgrade.
Wuyang

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am

andrewparry wrote:
I have recently purchsed a Honda Vision (to add to my collection of Townmate, BMW C1, and BMW 650GS). An amazing bike. Although I know we can post Vision related stuff here but I wonder if as Vision owners we now need a dedicated website? Am happy to create one.
[joke] Yes, beggar off somewhere else and stop polluting the C90club forum! :lol: {/joke}

In all seriousness, you may find it's better to stay on here, and we really don't mind. C90club forum is a very broad church. I can see Cub owners also being Vision 110 owners.

It's maybe not even big enough a demend for a sub forum at the moment but there are other things we can consider. At the moment I'm manually capturing all the CT125 topics and combining them so we have a CT125 broad topic, and saves anyone having to search 17 different ones. I should have struck earlier and done the same with the C125.

It's something we can consider for the Vision 110 first off. If the bikes become a cult in themselves, there's the option of doing what we've done with the Monkeybike sub forum.

I'm way ahead of myself, and way above my "paygrade," but essentially, it would make sense all round for everyone to stick around on here.

8-)

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sun May 24, 2020 10:46 am

[/quote]
Scootyman........did you try the Halfords led bulb? Just curious as I’m considering changing my sh125i bulb and wondering if it’s a worthy upgrade.
Wuyang
[/quote]

Wayang,

If you are referring to the OSRAM LEDriving H4 bulb, yes I am currently using that bulb. Before I had a generation of the Philips Luxeon ZES H4 bulb which also was a good bulb. That particular LED consumed 25 watts of power so just under an amp less power consumption than a stock HS1 headlamp bulb.

The OSRAM bulb that I believe is the one in Halfords, whilst it’s not cheap, it is very good. Power consumption is down to just 14 watts and the beam pattern cut off is excellent in the Vision 110 lens. I’ve just signed up for Postimage although I haven’t used it yet but as chance would have it I also have a spare OSRAM bulb in the garage along with a spare Vision headlamp lens. If you would like to see a picture of the Beam pattern I could try after dark and see if the iPhone makes a good picture.

In my opinion, the OSRAM isn’t quite as bright as the Philips ZES but the beam pattern is a little better and the light is more ‘usable’. The beam pattern is slightly cleaner shall we say. The other clear advantage of the OSRAM bulb is that the little in line resistor box (I think that’s what it is) is built into the back of the bulb and there is no fan to worry about. It fits into quite a tight space without issue.
If you have an SH, I think they have a 55/60watt bulb and every scooter and bike I have had with a proper H4 bulb had fairly good lighting so would it be better? It’s a tough call.

I will make you an offer. If you want to try an OSRAM LEDriving H4 bulb before you purchase, I will post you my spare bulb. My only condition is, I expect you to be a gentleman and return it in the post when you have finished testing with it.

My last Philips bulb is still going strong by the way after 3 years in my workmates Vision. He commutes from Douglas in Lanarkshire across to Edinburgh every day when not in lockdown and he rates the LED bulbs highly. He tried the cheapie ones and gave up as they are just that. Cheap and unrefined. If you are going to buy an LED kit, you’ll need to spend a bit to get the research and technology that makes them decent (in my opinion).

If you decide to purchase the OSRAM, let me know the price as I had a link somewhere to where I purchased mine and I think it was a bit cheaper.
Hope that helps
Scoots

Scootyman

Post by Scootyman » Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 am

Capitano wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 am
andrewparry wrote:
[joke] Yes, beggar off somewhere else and stop polluting the C90club forum! :lol: {/joke}

In all seriousness, you may find it's better to stay on here, and we really don't mind. C90club forum is a very broad church. I can see Cub owners also being Vision 110 owners.

It's maybe not even big enough a demend for a sub forum at the moment but there are other things we can consider. At the moment I'm manually capturing all the CT125 topics and combining them so we have a CT125 broad topic, and saves anyone having to search 17 different ones. I should have struck earlier and done the same with the C125.

It's something we can consider for the Vision 110 first off. If the bikes become a cult in themselves, there's the option of doing what we've done with the Monkeybike sub forum.

I'm way ahead of myself, and way above my "paygrade," but essentially, it would make sense all round for everyone to stick around on here.

8-)
Thanks Capitano,

That post warmed my heart. (in an asexual sense you’ll understand :lol: ) I post on quite a few forums and have always tried to have an interesting positive input. I know that at present I don’t have a cub but I have had Cubs, Innovas and Waves in the past and at present it’s just not practical to have a cub style bike to commute on. The roads are too fast and it’s too damn cold at times not to have heated gear that a cub couldn’t power.
Being a Vision owner does leave you a little outcast from the clique of the PCX And other scooter forums despite the fact they are clambering for info sometimes if I post something interesting. (picture circling vultures)
I’ve been contributing to these threads on the Vision in the hope that it’s helped some and whilst some of my posts are not to everyone’s interest, they are always posted with a light heart and a positive manner.
I have to say that of all the forums I have posted on, this one is by far the best and the way it’s run is a credit to those involved.

richie the 1st
Rides:: Honda sh 125i/Peouget tweet 125.suzuki address silver/blue

Post by richie the 1st » Sun May 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Well I am on my 2nd Honda vision 110 a esp,1st was a 13 reg.picked it up at 2 years old,with 4500 miles up,1st mot it had done 9500 miles,took ot round to 14500 miles then p/x for a Peugeot tweet 125,now back to a Honda vision 110,brilliant little scoot. 8-)

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sun May 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Scootyman wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:03 am
Thanks Capitano,

That post warmed my heart. (in an asexual sense you’ll understand :lol: ) I post on quite a few forums and have always tried to have an interesting positive input. I know that at present I don’t have a cub but I have had Cubs, Innovas and Waves in the past and at present it’s just not practical to have a cub style bike to commute on. The roads are too fast and it’s too damn cold at times not to have heated gear that a cub couldn’t power.
Being a Vision owner does leave you a little outcast from the clique of the PCX And other scooter forums despite the fact they are clambering for info sometimes if I post something interesting. (picture circling vultures)
I’ve been contributing to these threads on the Vision in the hope that it’s helped some and whilst some of my posts are not to everyone’s interest, they are always posted with a light heart and a positive manner.
I have to say that of all the forums I have posted on, this one is by far the best and the way it’s run is a credit to those involved.
No worries. I had a similar feeling of warmth reading this statement from Newtsalad back in 2014.
Newtsalad wrote:
Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:43 pm
We've kept the standards we set five and a half years ago, and most people appreciate it, like it here, and stick around for a bit. We think we do ok. Whatever, we do the best we can.

At one point we looked very close to becoming a 'Bike forum' rather than c90club. That's ok too, fact is people like the ambience here, whereas on many other less moderated forums nasty undercurrents and tensions can build up. We don't put up with that here. Be nice to each other, is what we say.

We don't have subgroups, cliques, or gangs. Or 'Posse's', or territories. So from chops, customs, racers, concours restorers, monkey bikers, pit bike racers, and adventurers, we are simply, about all things Cub, and all things motorcycle. Simples! :D

Newt. AKA Jim Brown on FB. ;)
What I'll do to start with is to gather up all the Vision 110 specific topics and amend the header so that they all read: Vision 110 - ...

That way they'll be easy to identify.

Also any new Vision 110 topics that cover similar topics to previous ones, I'll merge them, so if anyone is searching, information is spread over as few topics as feasible.

8-)