Cossack / Dneprs

Anything else ya ride!
aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Re: Cossack / Dneprs

Post by aliengravy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Looks good! I've had my eye out for an innovate system for ages! We use them at work and they are really really good! They keep saying I can borrow one, but they are quite an expensive it of kit to borrow! Especially when my bike spends a lot of its time soaked and covered in mud :lol:

Rickster
Rides:: MZ ETZ250, Vespa PX200E, Piaggio Typhoon 125, Puch MS50D, Yamaha Townmate T80

Post by Rickster » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:38 pm

The model I liked was the Soviet Knight. Definitely a Russian version of a Harley. I think I might still have an old brochure of one somewhere.

TimeBandit
Rides:: Three big un's...an lots of smaller ones

Post by TimeBandit » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:36 am

Used to be a chap from Leeds who swore by em. Garden was awash with the things..he often would turn up at Squires on his outfit and faff about with the top ends an leave oil an gruft all ower the place....
Always smoking huge joints an looked a complete tramp...yet he had a heart of gold an many a time ive fallen in the chair in a drunken heap an we would trundle round Leeds upsetting folk.....
Had 'Riff Raff' an 'Eat sh*t n die' daubed on his battered leather jacket...even the then owner of Squires called him 'Riff Raff'..... :lol: :lol:

Would never get away with it nowadays :shock:

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 pm

The common Russian. rather than exotic Ukrainian... but possibly the best bike ad ever...
A lovely day down at the arms fair.

"You meet the nicest people on a Ural" :lol:

fatboytours
Rides:: C90T,C70 12v, C125, BMW 1200GSA, Triumph Thruxton R, Blood bike BMW R1250RT

Post by fatboytours » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Those works riders are really pushing those outfits in the drifts

TimeBandit
Rides:: Three big un's...an lots of smaller ones

Post by TimeBandit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:22 am

I know i should not mock the afflicted but seeing they gadgers flying about with an MG on the front just looks like something out of 'Dads Army'... 100 rounds aint much though :lol: :lol: :lol:

eca05rjc

Post by eca05rjc » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:53 pm

I've got an old Dnepr Mt12 (google and youll struggle to find one!) belived to be the only one in the country which is a 750cc SV engine and a rear lockable diff to make it 2wd. Have only owned it a couple of months so far but have basically checked/redone or replaced anything that looked well used. With new replica carb, hours of fiddling, major oil changes andthe odd tweeking this bike is expectionally reliable now! Use it every weekend often upto 100ml trips and it never misses a beat. Can honestly say its the most fun evvveeerrrrr. They are very cleverly made and you can pretty much change/fix anything on it at the side oftheroad with a spanner alone.
They get bad rep from bikers who have never had one and dont even know how to change a tyre so their clearly a reliable biker :shock:
Get one you wont regret it Ural/Dnepr/K750 (parts fully interchangable between). Amazing off road too. M

Btw if anyone owns one and fancies a ride put one weekend (plus some green laning) get in touch. Mail eca05rjc@gmail.com i live wakefield area.