SH300 - heated grips advice

Anything else ya ride!
Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Re: SH300 - heated grips advice

Post by Wuyang » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:26 pm

tom robinson wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:48 pm
Hi,I’ve got a 2007 sh 300i and I recently fitted Oxford heated grips,they are simple to fit,the wires for feed to the grips and the controller travel “uphill” then through the small inspection holes (for checking the brake fluid levels) then making a connection to the cig lighter feed wire,make sure you get the polarity right,the panel to take off only require 2screws removing and the whole job takes about 40 mins but now I know how to do the job it would take half that time!
The grips can’t be left on,they have a sensor in the electrical system and if no electrical activity is detected they automatically switch off.
Sorry I can’t remember which model of grips I fitted and I am away at the moment for a few days so I can’t look it up but they have a size chart for the different model of grips on eBay,mine are a perfect fit and work well.
I fitted Oxford grips to my 250 cbf and they was very easy to fit and worked well,
They are just under £50 on eBay,Geoff from Preston has fitted Oxford grips to his 125 sh,
Cheers Tom
Cheers tom,,,,did you get time to check which Oxford grips you had on the sh300? Wuyang

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Hightechpete wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:03 pm
Got a pair of heated gloves for Christmas, better and cheaper than my heated grips. Can't say how long they'll last, but nice and toasty.
link below :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PsmGoods%C2%AE ... JJNRJV8D3R
Are they still working? Did you connect straight to the battery?

Hightechpete
Rides:: Streamline Innova,Honda Shadow,Jialing 70,C100,Honda 400,Helix

Post by Hightechpete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying Ray.
They came with a pair of insulated mini crocodile clips and an in line on/off switch, I connect direct to the battery because it's easy on my bike.
They seem to be working well, they're comfy and have grippy palms, only time will tell how long they'll last, but at £12 if they last one winter it'll be worth it.
Pete.

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm

Thanks Pete. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get heated grips.