RIDERS CUB DISCUSSION

Anything else ya ride!
wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90, Gl5oo silverwing ,suzuki GS500F

Re: RIDERS CUB DISCUSSION

Post by wightegi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 pm

^ I knew he would be along :) :( ^

cornmek1
Rides:: 2011 Riders 110 ( c90 copy ) , Honda H100, Vespa T5 Classic, & 150 Super

Post by cornmek1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Funny story..

I broke down at 1600, sun going down, getting colder .. was still waiting for the recovery vehicle at 1730 - pitch black, starting to freeze a bit.

A nice newly arrived security guard in a nearby office saw I was freezing outside said I could wait in his office's reception - as long as I didnt touch anything.. as he was the only one left in the building & was getting changed... off he went.

So, I was waiting nicely in the reception but now needed to relieve oneself - luckily there was a large disabled toilet just in the foyer.

I fumbled into the dark room & couldn't find the lightswitch - I guessed it was on the handy cord that easily came to hand .. and pulled it.

Bingo ! .. it was the emergency alarm & the whole place lit up - alarms - horns - flashing lights.. No doubt an ambulance was heading my way already..

Someone else appeared, I explained my error -the alarm was reset.. before my guy came back.. to have to explain WTF was going on to the various twilight folk that were emerging..

I quietly let myself out..

regs

Kev

cornmek1
Rides:: 2011 Riders 110 ( c90 copy ) , Honda H100, Vespa T5 Classic, & 150 Super

Post by cornmek1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:36 am

cornmek1 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:31 am
18,000 kms - chain snapped last night... recovery van called for the 5 miles back home.. took 2 hrs to arrive..

lower chainguard bit of a mess... better that than my legs..

Was ok at last years service, nicely lubricated - and not too tight..

Hey ho..

regs

Kev
FWIW: Cause: Axle bolt worn - now replaced with identical Honda one. Heads up fellow Kayak chaps..

regs

Kev