RIDERS CUB DISCUSSION

Anything else ya ride!
Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Forza 350, Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Re: RIDERS CUB DISCUSSION

Post by Bogger » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Ah good, I'm ok with that :lol:

Bogger

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:18 pm

Perhaps we should have a separate forum for those too?
And the monkey bikes
And the copies of the monkey bikes
And the Waves
And the Dream 100s
And the Dax
And the Dax copies
And the Chaly
And the CD90Zs
And the S65s
And the Trail 90s
And the Wuyangs
And the Lifans
And the Loncins
And the Jialing Riders' Guild
And the Yamsakis
And the Daelims
And the Modenas Kriss
And the Townmates
And the FR50
And the Comel

Only 8 of them are actually a Honda but someone has forgot the good ole SS50 :D
2 of them are not even honda's :o and the only thing they share in common is looks and the fact they have 2 wheels.
all the others are Chinese but at least they share a Honda clone engine.
the riders cub is the closet to the real thing with quiet a few things that fit a genuine Honda cub. forks, swinging arm and engine to name a few

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Neve seen a comel then kev...

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:09 pm

wightegi wrote:Neve seen a comel then kev...
i have seen a camel but not a comel :lol: :lol:

SCARE!
Rides:: Honda C50 SL100

Post by SCARE! » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 pm

it amazes me people are even entertaining replicas..

kendo
Rides:: c90 ltaljet torpedo have also vespa cosa and an old c90 round headlight to be re

Post by kendo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:28 am

hi scare nothing amazing about it at all. There is replicas for most things in life of varying quality but as honda do not produce the cub any more and the high price to pay for a genuine cub is far to much people will seek out the best of the bunch of replicas thats all. :D

steveindenmark
Rides:: Moto Guzzi 1100i, Moto Guzzi Cardellino 65cc, Yamaha XT 250 Serow

Post by steveindenmark » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 am

Kev,

I can see your point about not opening a section for all those bikes, at least I think that was your meaning.

But this is the same attitude that the Vespa Club GB seem to have taken, they dont entertain the new Vespas. Because of this, the Vespa Club magazine is basically written by one guy with almost no submissions from anyone else. Who would of thought we would have run out of old Vespas? But it is happening.

The Honda C will go the same way as time goes on. Even though they made a lot of them, how many really good examples are out there. Charity organisations are taking plenty out of the country. The Scooters in the Sahara team are taking another 9 to Africa next week.

I have had Honda Cs in the past and would have liked another one but I have only seen 2 in denmark in 10 years. Buying an Innova was by far the best option and I am really pleased with it. It is a progression of the C90 and it is a far better bike in my opinion.

The club needs to embrace bikes likes the Innova otherwise it will very quickly go the way of the Vespa Club. My other bikes are Moto Guzzis and the Moto Guzzi Club GB has a very pro active approach to new Guzzis, as well as keeping close ties with the old Guzzis. It has the best club support and magazine that I have ever seen. It is the only way forward.

Steve

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:33 am

Steve, your right.

Same thing happened in the Triumph owners club when the Hinkley bikes first appeared and the club almost died.

We have never been elitist at any of the meetings I have ever been to; and apart from this summer - that's a lot. Indeed we welcome new members with open arms no matter what they ride. I remember the hilarity and side splitting friendly laughter one Rhayader many years ago when we had a chinese twist and go scooter in attendance - once BCP discovered it said 'Super Fanny' on the side panel there was simply no way to keep him quiet. (it actually read Super Fancy - but reading is not a required school subject in the Black Country).

Decent cubs, even 12v square headlampers are getting hard to find at a reasonable price; how else can you account for this years resurgence in 6v restorations!

So I say, some on in all you step through enthusiasts and enjoy the ride. Even Diddly's riding an SH300 these days.

Daymo666
Rides:: Rats fighters chops

Post by Daymo666 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 am

Suppose "C90 club" kinda explains it, I can appreciate some members want to keep the club the way it is, without a riders cub section.

I was interested in a c90 myself and that's how i ended up on here. After looking at the prices and condition of some 90's I decided to go for a Rider cub and upgrade and modify it as I see fit. However I may pick up a c90 to restore at a later date if I enjoy the riders cub style of bike, as it's all new to me.

So in the meantime you have Riders owners contributing to this club, who also may turn out to be 90 owners in the future, and keep contributing in the long term, ensuring the survival of the club and cub ;)

Otherwise I see someone creating a Riders Cub page somewhere soon and you might lose a few new and existing members to that.....I am waiting to see which way, if any, admin decides to go with.

I've just lost my local bike club site to Facebook, which I personally feel is a shame. It happened because we kept the members by invite only, but soon ran out of enough new members coming in, then FB arrived (without hosting fees etc) which people preferred using, and more new members were approached on there, ta ta club site....

I personally think this is a great forum (I'm just new myself) members seem very friendly, knowledge sharing is fantastic too. I Hope it continues to grow.

kendo
Rides:: c90 ltaljet torpedo have also vespa cosa and an old c90 round headlight to be re

Post by kendo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Well said looking forward to how your cub turns out best pal :D