Innova fuel consumption

Anything else ya ride!
Jon

Innova fuel consumption

Post by Jon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Just filled up after a wild thrash to Southampton. The bike was holding an indicated 70 on the motorway, a true 63 and it did 79 miles on 3.2 litres, although I overfilled and spilled a bit so minimum 112 mpg....Quite good really, about as good as the C90 on fuel but 10 mph faster...

dmw1950
Rides:: Enfield Hunter 350/CB125F/Silverwing 600/Vespa250GTS

Re: Innova fuel consumption

Post by dmw1950 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 pm

That's good, I get about the same on my S-Wing125.

fly
Rides:: C90'less

Post by fly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:21 pm

guildbass wrote:.. 79 miles on 3.2 litres ..
When do you usually fill-up - as soon as the last bar on the fuel gauge starts to flash, or is the tank still good for quite a few miles before refilling?

I'm still getting used to my Innova. As soon as the last bar flashes I break out into a cold sweat as I rush to seek out the nearest petrol station! I prefer the old-style c90 fuel gauge rather than the Innova's digital read-out. Find that having 5 bars on the digital gauge just isn't granular enough to see what my consumption is like when riding.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:51 pm

fly wrote:
When do you usually fill-up - as soon as the last bar on the fuel gauge starts to flash, or is the tank still good for quite a few miles before refilling?

I'm still getting used to my Innova. As soon as the last bar flashes I break out into a cold sweat as I rush to seek out the nearest petrol station! I prefer the old-style c90 fuel gauge rather than the Innova's digital read-out. Find that having 5 bars on the digital gauge just isn't granular enough to see what my consumption is like when riding.
Interesting question. Well I normal start to panic when the bar starts to flash but it seems to take under 3 litres then. ...about 2.8 litres seems about typical. Yesterday i had just hit the bottom of the A36 when it started to flash so I went (heart in mouth) a further 13.5 miles to the Tesco outside Salisbury and having done 79 miles from last fill-up took 3.2 litres to top it right off.

That means the fuel consumption is 25 miles per litre, and it had half a litre to go in the tank (if honda's claim of a 3.7 litre fuel capacity is right) so when the light flashes it will go 13.5 miles plus half a litres worth (12.5 miles) at effectively full speed.

...call it a further 25 miles from start of flashing bar to coasting to a halt.

However, that's assuming you don't slow down. slow to 25 mph and I reckon you'd easily stretch that to 40 plus miles...And I'd rather ride 40 miles at 25mph than ride 25 miles at 50 mph then push my bike 15 miles!

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 pm

fly wrote:

One further figure. At my typical speed/consumption figure of 25 miles per litre or 112 MPG...I've got a range of 92 miles...

So a range of 90 miles flat out, and around 130 miles range if you've been taking it easy and cruising at 50 indicated...

And critically, a 1 litre 'extra' petrol container will give you 35 extra miles at a 'get you home' economy speed...Which is worth considering.
now all we need is a well sealed 1 litre container that will fit in that under seat space neatly...

Stop press! This is a two stroke mixer bottle...it'll hold petrol... http://www.amazon.co.uk/ALM-Manufacturi ... roduct_top

fly
Rides:: C90'less

Post by fly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 pm

92 mile range flat out is good.

Think I'll definitely be getting myself an emergency-get-me-home fuel bottle like the one in the link. All the better if it will fit away cleanly under the seat.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:53 pm

fly wrote:92 mile range flat out is good.

Think I'll definitely be getting myself an emergency-get-me-home fuel bottle like the one in the link. All the better if it will fit away cleanly under the seat.
I've just got this one...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/2-stroke-Oil-Fu ... ing+Bottle

edit...haha, the short cut looks like it's a two stroke fecking bottle!