Innova or Vox ?

Anything else ya ride!
Jon

Innova or Vox ?

Post by Jon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 pm

having decided to 'create' enough money to buy a Peugeot Vox 110, I'm now thinking...What about a used Innova...I'm thinking about the 125 specifically. I haven't really soaked up the Innova stuff

Soo...;

Are they made in Japan?,

Obviously the 125cc version will have a tad more power etc, but how does it compare to the 110 and 90

is it only the 125 that is fuel injected (from 2007, yes?)

Is the Injected machine considered a better bike in economy/riding terms than the carb version..What are the upsides/downsides...?

Or, any other thoughts on a machine around £1300... ?

I'm not entirely dismissive of a very good low mileage 12v 90 but it would have to be whisper quiet, never rebuilt (don't want Chinese bits in the motor at that price...I want to start with a clean slate) and cosmetically as near to perfect as possible)

digger06

Re: Innova or Vox ?

Post by digger06 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:43 pm

id go for the honda,
reason being,its a honda,
iv seen too much hassle and expense with peugeot

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm

digger06 wrote:id go for the honda,
reason being,its a honda,
iv seen too much hassle and expense with peugeot
I tend to agree but that's why I wondered whether the Innova was Jap built. I'm also cognisant of the fact that a lot of these little Pugs get bought for 17 year olds and are not maintained and crashed a lot.

i'm still trying to learn about them. One thing I may have discovered is that the Innova seems to be a true auto clutch bike, unlike the C90 which does two roles. A C90 will slip it's clutch just like an auto clutch moped allowing the engine revs to rise until power is better...The Innova apears to simply shift clutchlessly without this 'auto' feature. In other words Honda have made it a true clutchless manual bike instead of being able to perform like an automatic with gears...A subtle but significant (for me) difference. I'm wondering if the 110i Wave has the C90 style auto box now...

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

guildbass wrote:just like an auto clutch moped allowing the engine revs to rise until power is better...The Innova apears to simply shift clutchlessly without this 'auto' feature. In other words Honda have made it a true clutchless manual bike instead of being able to perform like an automatic with gears...A subtle but significant (for me) difference. I'm wondering if the 110i Wave has the C90 style auto box now...
The Innova / Wave is an automatic clutch with a pedal change gearbox like a C90.
You use it just like a C90. Set off in first and change with the pedal
A C90 has never had an 'auto feature'.
If you ride a c90 in without using the gears it's just using brutal clutch slip to do so and will wear the clutch out fast.
Same with an Innova / Wave.

The only difference is the Innova / Wave gearchanging clutch is on the gearbox shaft (secondary clutch) rather than on the crankshaft (primary clutch) , so it revolves slower to give smoother changes.
Because of this, the centrifugal clutch is a separate item on the crankshaft.
The Peugeot, and most Chinese Wave copies are the same.

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 am

Boo wrote:
guildbass wrote:just like an auto clutch moped allowing the engine revs to rise until power is better...The Innova apears to simply shift clutchlessly without this 'auto' feature. In other words Honda have made it a true clutchless manual bike instead of being able to perform like an automatic with gears...A subtle but significant (for me) difference. I'm wondering if the 110i Wave has the C90 style auto box now...
The Innova / Wave is an automatic clutch with a pedal change gearbox like a C90.
You use it just like a C90. Set off in first and change with the pedal
A C90 has never had an 'auto feature'.
If you ride a c90 in without using the gears it's just using brutal clutch slip to do so and will wear the clutch out fast.
Same with an Innova / Wave.

The only difference is the Innova / Wave gearchanging clutch is on the gearbox shaft (secondary clutch) rather than on the crankshaft (primary clutch) , so it revolves slower to give smoother changes.
Because of this, the centrifugal clutch is a separate item on the crankshaft.
The Peugeot, and most Chinese Wave copies are the same.
So they've re-engineered the Innova and other bikes to be smoother if you change gears all the time..OK...Makes sense...

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:51 pm

I've just put a deposit down on a 2010 Innova, one lady owner, light scratches to the side from panniers 6200 miles dealer serviced throughout.

Should be able to keep the Cub as well!

Jon

spikeyboy60
Jehova Empress
Rides:: 1975 RD200A-2015 J300-1973 C70 1982 C90C 1982 Camino

Post by spikeyboy60 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

I've got both.....both are good but the Jehovah is smoother

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

spikeyboy60 wrote:I've got both.....both are good but the Jehovah is smoother
Unfortunately the XR sale fell through so it looks like I'm going to have to sell the Cub to get enough cash to get the Innova now...Which is a pain...

Glenn
Rides:: Honda C90T 96 on S plate, Street Triple, R6

Post by Glenn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:18 pm

The only Vox I want to own is the amp.

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Glenn wrote:The only Vox I want to own is the amp.

AC 15 isn't it...Looks a bit small for an AC30