Peugeot Vox 110

Anything else ya ride!
Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by Bill/Rubery » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:03 pm

This Item is basicaly aimed at ....'Kalico'..above...Remove the left hand slotted vent?..cover? plastic bars? so you can open the petrol tap with ease! I dont know about other owners but to shut the tap I have to approach the tap from the front of the bike to start it off shut..then go to the above mentioned 'now' opened hole to finish off the closure! Maybe this design problem was over looked by the car owner design staff and now owners have to do the above palaver...

grahamlml
Rides:: lml 125 2t Peugeot Django 125 Chinese rat bike 50cc

Post by grahamlml » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:00 am

Well eventually bought a 2014 Peugeot Vox for £280 about a month ago from the local town with almost years MOT new decent make rear tyre. Few bits were done on it by the local "mechanic" who loves wood screws and ripping plastic panels off if a screw can't be found easily enough. Never understand why this previous owner uses him as always moaning about him.
Anyhow before purchase I gave it a good check over and turned out he had only changed the battery as evidenced by the woodscrew and the piece of wood securing the panel.
I find it good to about 40-45 mph and slowly plods on from there, another good feature I didn't know about was going straight from 4th to neutral but will only happen when the bike is stationary at a junction and not before. Love to see how this works.
Got a footrest bar to straighten out as sits a bit to upright on the sidestand. Fitted a centre stand but that appears not to drop back far enough for my liking and would be easy to push off the stand. Sure I can rectify that in the future. No idea of the mpg anyone know?
Overall fine little scooter, slight clutch slip when set clutch properly but need to do the internal mesh filter so picked up a clutch for a Loncin to fit and gaskets so I can do it all at the same time. One thing I have not done is look for the petrol tap yet assuming it's in the on position at all times.
Last semi automatic I had was a C70 I took to France in my second year of working there on the grape farms as it was quicker than walking and hitching back then in the 70's and wasn't worried if it broke down as would have just dumped it.

grahamlml

Post by grahamlml » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:39 pm

Well the Loncin clutch and gasket was not for this model.
Does anyone know what engine this cross references to for parts please.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:39 pm

grahamlml wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:39 pm
I could be wrong but I think it was essentially the same as a Keeway Partner, and a Baotian BT110-2 (possibly called the Baotian Cheetah,) though the latter was very short lived.

The Keeway Partner is probably the best rabbit hole to go down as regards spares etc.

I did think they were the same as the Loncin 110 as regards motors, but obviously not, and I stand corrected.

grahamlml

Post by grahamlml » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:29 pm

Capitano wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:39 pm
grahamlml wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:39 pm
I could be wrong but I think it was essentially the same as a Keeway Partner, and a Baotian BT110-2 (possibly called the Baotian Cheetah,) though the latter was very short lived.

The Keeway Partner is probably the best rabbit hole to go down as regards spares etc.

I did think they were the same as the Loncin 110 as regards motors, but obviously not, and I stand corrected.
Thank you for your reply I shall do a bit of research shortly.

Viper254
Rides:: C70C (12v) (1983), Suzuki Inazuma 250 (2016)

Post by Viper254 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:01 pm

Is there any code stamped under the left crank case? I think it'd be the left. Could be something like (but probably not) 1P152FMI, just to give you an idea.

Knowing Peugeot of that era, the engine is likely to be a Quinqi model - see if there's any QY/QM stamps down there somewhere.

QM110-5A?

I've not had any luck finding gaskets either

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Viper254 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:01 pm
Is there any code stamped under the left crank case? I think it'd be the left. Could be something like (but probably not) 1P152FMI, just to give you an idea.

Knowing Peugeot of that era, the engine is likely to be a Quinqi model - see if there's any QY/QM stamps down there somewhere.

QM110-5A?

I've not had any luck finding gaskets either
This is a good shout, as for a VERY brief period (like less than half a model year) there was a cub-based model in the Sinnis range. At that time they were all Jinan Qingqi made. Peugeot and Sinnis had some near identical models during the same time ( Peugeot Sumup/Sinnis Matrix for example.)