Peugeot Vox 110

Anything else ya ride!
Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by Bogger » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:18 am

Dave you should have kept the engine and thrown the rest away :shock: .

Bogger......ps have you still got the CG ;)

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:04 pm

I do still have the CG, 457 miles on the clock and the last of the drum braked models with the full chain case and pumper carb.

Wrapped under a blanket in the shed.

mender
Rides:: 2014 Peugeot VOX 110 (have had 20+ bikes inc C90, MZs, R1200RT etc)

Post by mender » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:02 am

Jon wrote: Will Pug Vox owners be allowed to talk about synthetic oil on this site i wonder... :-) ( actually, in an ultimate endorsement of my enthusiasm, I'd put it straight in, I'd love to start from scratch with synth on a small engine... I did on the W650 but those things will do 100,000 miles without blinking an eye and I'll be dead before the damn thing shows any hint of wear!)
Resurrecting an old thread, I've got a Vox and it is on synthetic from new, service regime 300km, 2000km, 5000km, 10,000km, 15,000 etc.

The dealers suggested the best full synth would be inadvisable as it might cause the clutch to slip, I believe it is running on 5w40 semi-synth. Apparently the first oil change at 300km showed totally clean waste oil, which is encouraging; by way of comparison my Sukida* (Chinese) 125 had dreadful opaque oil in it from new and the first change was full of shrapnel.

In my former, kid-free years, I'd be challenging the 2 year unlimited mile warranty by running it to Russia or similar and back down the B-roads....I wonder what will last and what will break over time on hard or lengthy use? The C90 has been on so many adventures, riders know what to expect. Not so sure on the Vox which is as yet unproven.

*once sorted, rebuilt, threadlocked and shaken down, the Sukida SK125-5 was actually quite a nice little bike, but after buying new, I sold it at 2500 miles for a profit when a maxi-scoot came my way so had no chance to fully test it for longevity....

The Devon Rider
Rides:: Peugeot Vox

Post by The Devon Rider » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Having ridden and owned numerous small capacity bikes over the last 35 years including a C50, C70 and a C90 I needed a reliable economical commuter. After a good deal of searching what was available I settled on buying a new Peugeot Vox 110cc in July of last year. I wanted a good second hand C90 but soon found that the prices of good second hand examples was quite high. My local dealer PGH Motorcycles of Torquay had a Vox in store and once I had seen it I decided to buy it and do not regret it for a moment. It is a comfortable bike to ride (I used to get cramp on my last bike a CG125 due to the riding position) and soaks up the potholes and bumps on the local roads with ease. With an electric and kick start it gets going easily each day and to date I have done just over 4000km (about 2500m). I estimate the MPG to be about 125mpg about town which is very good. My workmates who ride scooters get about sixty miles per gallon so are quite envious. The brakes are very good for a small bike and similarly I have found the handling to be good. There isn't a lot of under seat storage but you can store your phone, wallet and keys there should you need. I had a top box fitted as a result to carry the work lunchbox, etc. With the obvious similarities to the C90 it is a lovely bike to own and I have found the build quality to be better than I expected given the price. It has no trouble getting to 45mph but I have not had cause to go faster than that and will pull well up the Devon hills. My bike came fitted with both a side and centre stand and my wife likes the red livery. The lights are up to the task when riding out of town at night and the electrics seem fine all in all. In short this is an ideal bike for commuting and given the cheap purchase price (about half the cost of the Honda Innova) it makes perfect sense.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Welcome along Devon Rider we have quite a few Vox members on here now they do seem to be good value.Stick your location in your details as i am sure we have a few members down your way.If you can get to one of our meetings you will be welcome but be warned they are addictive.

mender

Post by mender » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:19 am

The Devon Rider wrote:Having ridden and owned numerous small capacity bikes over the last 35 years including a C50, C70 and a C90 I needed a reliable economical commuter. After a good deal of searching what was available I settled on buying a new Peugeot Vox 110cc in July of last year. I wanted a good second hand C90 but soon found that the prices of good second hand examples was quite high. My local dealer PGH Motorcycles of Torquay had a Vox in store and once I had seen it I decided to buy it and do not regret it for a moment. It is a comfortable bike to ride (I used to get cramp on my last bike a CG125 due to the riding position) and soaks up the potholes and bumps on the local roads with ease. With an electric and kick start it gets going easily each day and to date I have done just over 4000km (about 2500m). I estimate the MPG to be about 125mpg about town which is very good. My workmates who ride scooters get about sixty miles per gallon so are quite envious. The brakes are very good for a small bike and similarly I have found the handling to be good. There isn't a lot of under seat storage but you can store your phone, wallet and keys there should you need. I had a top box fitted as a result to carry the work lunchbox, etc. With the obvious similarities to the C90 it is a lovely bike to own and I have found the build quality to be better than I expected given the price. It has no trouble getting to 45mph but I have not had cause to go faster than that and will pull well up the Devon hills. My bike came fitted with both a side and centre stand and my wife likes the red livery. The lights are up to the task when riding out of town at night and the electrics seem fine all in all. In short this is an ideal bike for commuting and given the cheap purchase price (about half the cost of the Honda Innova) it makes perfect sense.
I've got a Vox, agree with all the above; I too wanted a decent used C90 but a new Vox on a deal was cheaper and better suited to my size being 20cc more capacity and having an extra gear, so home it came.

Everything looks to be of good quality and works well, as you say, the handling, brakes and electrics are excellent, the under-seat space is small, so I too fitted a box.

It is early on, but even lugging my huge bulk and still running in, it is returning 100+mpg.

What maintenance regime/mileage are you following?

The Devon Rider
Rides:: Peugeot Vox

Post by The Devon Rider » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:32 am

I have had services done as per the handbook at 500 and 2000km with the next one due at 5000km. I obviously do my own period checks on tyre pressures, etc and cleaning.I store mine in the garage amongst all the paraphernalia my wife keeps in there (freezers, guinea pig cages and so on). I use the dealer I bought the bike from PGH of Torquay for servicing and found them to be good having for years used Bridge motorcycles of Exeter. I am back to work tomorrow after the festive break so it will be back in action. The only thing about owning a small cc bike that niggles is paying road tax albeit the small amount we have to pay because my daughter who owns one of the new fangled cars with its low emissions pays no road tax. Perhaps we should all lobby for this to be abolished?

mender

Post by mender » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:48 am

The Devon Rider wrote:I have had services done as per the handbook at 500 and 2000km with the next one due at 5000km. I obviously do my own period checks on tyre pressures, etc and cleaning.I store mine in the garage amongst all the paraphernalia my wife keeps in there (freezers, guinea pig cages and so on). I use the dealer I bought the bike from PGH of Torquay for servicing and found them to be good having for years used Bridge motorcycles of Exeter. I am back to work tomorrow after the festive break so it will be back in action. The only thing about owning a small cc bike that niggles is paying road tax albeit the small amount we have to pay because my daughter who owns one of the new fangled cars with its low emissions pays no road tax. Perhaps we should all lobby for this to be abolished?
My handbook had an update sheet in it with services at 300km, 1000km, 2000km, 5000km then every 5000km, when I took it in to be done at 325km, they advised these to be over the top and to next do at 2000, then 5000, then every 5000.

I'd rather pay the £17 than have to have EFI and a catalytic converter.... :lol:

I'm in the process of designing a sat nav socket and mount (will give me a clock) and some wider leg shields.

Enjoy!

Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

Post by Bill/Rubery » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:52 am

Wow!!..... Suddenly I am not the SOLE Vox owner on here... Its nice to see that the light has been seen at last. I can only hope that these new owner's don't start the stupid subject of.... " I cruise at 60mph".... and all of the other tosh! Sometime I visit 'YouTube' and tap in "motorcycle crashes"....my o' my, the speed bikes are driven in foreign countries...and the resulting amazing crashes....Wow again!....

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Bill/Rubery wrote:Wow!!..... Suddenly I am not the SOLE Vox owner on here... Its nice to see that the light has been seen at last. I can only hope that these new owner's don't start the stupid subject of.... " I cruise at 60mph".... and all of the other tosh! Sometime I visit 'YouTube' and tap in "motorcycle crashes"....my o' my, the speed bikes are driven in foreign countries...and the resulting amazing crashes....Wow again!....
When I was dispatching, I used to AVERAGE 60 from pickup to drop!...I've not ridden in any foreign country where people ride faster than we (or at least I) in the UK do. Those bike crashes are as a result of poor observation on the part of the rider, not speed per se.

It really isn't a good idea to assume your own abilities are without peer and thus judge others accordingly. You may find it difficult or impossible to cope with cruising at 60 mph, but for many people it is the slowest speed one can maintain adequate concentration.....