Cache of bikes, peds and cars

Anything else ya ride!
Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Cache of bikes, peds and cars

Post by Cerberus73 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:09 pm

well the other day i was approached by a fellow who lives close by a older retired gent... whome seen me out on my cub and my kwak kh, and we got talking he said he knew where theres a nice red cub for sale as a pal of his had it, turns out he had a damn sight more than the cub... he has around 30 bikes, and there all old, and all for sale as hes downsizing, and there cheap! the red late model cub new mot, around 30k miles though, but in fine fettle no rot £450... brand new lml Star Deluxe Vespa Clone 600 miles 12 plate... new screen rack and spare wheel £1500... and maybe even negotiate that down to 1400.. 2 CB400 auto Hondas price not mentioned as i aint keen, 1976 CB200 honda £200... but prob get it for 150 (very interested in this if its a tidy enough example) he has a brand new... yes 0 miles MZ TS 175 Sport, and a very low miles CZ 180, and a Jawa 350 twin... honda p50 with engine in wheel, honda camino, some other "strokers" possibly a yamaha or 2... and a 1976 C70 thats been stripped for painting and all tinwork is in good order... he said just make a offer on that, wont be much. he's cant remember. there all sat in heated lock ups

Cars, he has a 1950's sit up n beg sidevalve ford pop, a citroen 2CV, a Austin A30 and a 1976 VW Beetle

im going to look at the C90, The C70 and the CB200, and if he can wait till i got more cash the "new" MZ (will need crank seals done just from it sitting unused) if theres anything that any of the guys are interested in here i can pass on details, but please note there sat in a small north east scotland village, the reason he has this stuff is he ran one of the local bike schools till about 8yr back, and a MZ and other model dealers in the 70s and 80s.

Black Sheep Radical
New kid on the Comel
Rides:: CT90, Восхо́д, 50ZZ, Fusion, C90, Helix, Comel

Re: Cache of bikes, peds and cars

Post by Black Sheep Radical » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:23 pm

You don't half turn up some stuff cerb, talk about having your ear to the ground 8-)

MZ and Honda P50 sound interesting... any idea of prices on those?

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:43 am

dunno yet BSR im dying with flu right now so wont get out to see the stuff until im better, but glad to say i feel not to bad at minute so hope thats it over. so will go try and see the stuff tomorrow, or start of the week. i will go armed with a camera and try and take as much pics as i can. im sure theres probably other interesting things he cant remember in this collection. i went googling the CB200, looks a sweet little bike, perfect for me as im not a fan of large bikes. if the MZ is a ES and not a TS (i cant find any info on a 175 TS, only 175 ES Trophy sport) i will be having that.. been looking for a good one for a few years but there like hens teeth up here me being corned beef.. possibly misheard him, especially with my bunged up head at mo. i will try and get pics and prices for each thing. and if anyones interested in anything pass on a number to contact the seller, who knows he might cut me a break if i can help him downsize :D

ah this stuff seems to find me, i also know where theres another C90 sitting, and been to see it and go for a run, its a nice but slightly tatty bike, 1992 and 13.5k miles £300 needs mot though but everything works, been sat 18 month in a warm garage, so only issues i could see were the brakes were a tad stiff, and it needs a new exhaust as the baffles on it were shot... actually sounded really good :twisted: i know the tail end was good and no rot under suspension mounts.. only downside is paint was flat, and seemed to be a shade darker than the proper candy red, and some muppet had painted flames on it. it had been used for a circumnavigation of scotland for charity.

The guy that informed me about this little collection has a dare i say.. nice bike as well, a XR1200 harley in evil knevil paint job have to say it looked nicer than most harleys i see going about.

joefish
Rides:: honda c90zz honda c90n

Post by joefish » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

cerberus if your not taking the cb200
give me second shout on it

Cerberus73

Post by Cerberus73 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 pm

ah joe im having the CB its got 7k miles on it and it isnt 76, its N reg so its 74 or early 75... its blue at min but originally its that nice weird candy green. i bought the 92 C90 off him its red so a replacement for the one i had pinched, to go with the blue one, and 16k miles not 30k as he originally remembered. have to say its in good nick for a unrestored bike years test £400 and he's gonna chuck in the stripped down 76 C70 since I'm a cub enthusiast :D much cheapness!

Right BSR he wont sell the MZ its is a TS 250 Supa 5 and he wants to keep it as a reminder of his shop owning days... which is fair enough i guess. he has a Q plated CZ 180 but has just acquired a aging cert from jawa/CZ owners club to get it its proper year plate as it was bought from a consignment that came over in a container years ago. and a jawa 350 twin either could be had cheap enough. the p50 engine in wheel ped hes asking £150 for it, it runs but is unrestored. so could be a nice winter project, i didn't get to see it as its sat in one of the lock ups he has in the city, he has a camino sat in his garden and is looking for around £150 for that, but probably could be haggled down. he also has a couple of NSU quickly peds and a couple of raleigh RM series peds, i think its a RM4 and a RM6 but there pretty rough so probably only good as spares donors, the NSU's run, he also said he has a couple of yamaha peds, but again not at his home. think he mentioned one was a chappy and other a QT, but i couldn't confirm till i see em

He also has a nice indian enfield bullet, nice bike, and his lml is pretty but he admitted reason hes selling is its mediocre top speed of 45mph or so as its catalytic converter and it strangles performance, easy way around that would be fit standard vespa spanny pipe (im unsure if its 2 or 4 stroke as i know lml can have either) and rejet, or add a polini or mallosi 200 top end kit.. most vespas ive played with were at least capable of 60 so 45 is pathetic, he said the cub was far quicker. a lot of the bikes are kept at lock ups away from his house and as i was still feeling rotten i didn't have the inclination to go looking at them yet.

Actually turns out i have a bad case of glandular fever! had to rush off to emergency docs last night, temp of over 103, every bone feeling like it was breaking, throat felt like me plums had migrated and my tonsils size of golf balls, light sensitive headache, and sick as a dog. my spleen was enlarged and liver, and lymph nodes all up as well, stuck me on a cocktail of tablets and heavy duty painkillers and anti-inflamitorys, glad to say im feeling much better now, not quite perfect, but i can live with mild flu symptoms.

ayjay
Rides:: honda c90 ,x reg

Post by ayjay » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:10 pm

hi cerberus , hope you get better soon! sounds real bad
if you take pics , can you get a pic or 2 of the 2cv? and any details about it, like year and how rusty it is?
thanks,- andy

crunch90
Rides:: C90e/125 C70 C90zz C90m

Post by crunch90 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Sorry to hear about the illness Cerb, I hope you're on the mend. Glandular fever can be really nasty. :( :(

Cerberus73

Post by Cerberus73 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 am

cheers fellas, yeah am felling heaps better, least am up and about, mind you my mate says i look worse than her poor hubby did 2 days after he passed away :shock: