Anything else ya ride!
- Admin & site janitor.
- Posts: 16766
- Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 am
- Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, R80RT,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's
- Location: Essex boy loose in Suffolk!
Diesel Dave wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:20 am
Well it starts and idles/revs up on the bench ok.
I’m in need of a 1/4 BSP tap so I can finish the tank conversion from pump to petcock, then it will be road test time.
Also the idle mix is tricky to set so a 14mm colourtune plug will help, I have 2 10mm and 2 12mm but no 14! Just goes to show how long I’ve been mucking around with small bikes and diesels
I might have both Dave. Sure I have the 1/4" BSP, not sure about my colortune, it's old and big....
If you haven't sourced one/both already, text me and I'll post it down.
- Posts: 3976
- Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 pm
- Rides:: '92 C90, '17 Burgman UH, 24V e-bike
- Location: West Sussex
Viper254 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:30 pm
I've always wanted an Enfield exactly like that... :O one day maybe
Once it is sorted and running properly he'll get bored with it! :Nip in with an offer he can't refuse. lol:
I'm strangely drawn to it, too.
- Posts: 10919
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:25 pm
- Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left
- Location: Brentwood, Essex
I have located a colourtune of the correct size, it’s a really old one that’s far more solid than the latter versions, there are some cracks in the glass but it still works well.
I’ve worked out how to read the voltage from the Lambda too so that’s another check on mixture.
I did buy a tap on eBay on the 19th however it has yet to arrive, the correct drill has already arrived so perhaps later this week.
Thanks for the offer Jim, it is appreciated but I’d rather you stayed at home than risk a Post Office visit.
Cap’n May well be right, I do get bored when stuff works properly, the Himalayan is a prime example.