C100 - 1966 - 1 owner - Brentwood

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

C100 - 1966 - 1 owner - Brentwood

Post by Capitano » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:54 am

Worth sharing from Facebook. NOT my ad nor my sale, but here are the details copied and pasted.

The link to the selling group is at the foot of this post. I also shared it to the c90club buy & sell group on Facebook.

If you are not on Facebook and want more details PM me.

8-)

I think its fair to say that opportunities to acquire a genuine 1 owner classic bike are very rare, almost impossible; but here is one for the collector.

A 1966 Honda C100 (50cc). The bike was purchased by a member of the RAF for the princely sum of £30 , while stationed in Cyprus in 1966. It was used around the base and on the island and also when he was stationed in West German and was used on a British Overseas Service number plate for the first three years of the gentleman's ownership. It was then registered in the UK when he was redeployed to home base.

The owner has provided a letter detailing the background provenance of the bike, there is also the currently and original UK log book, which was first issued in 1969. The owner purchased this bike when he was 21 and it has stayed with him throughout life`s ups and downs.

The bike is all original, including the once blue checkered panniers that many owners fitted in the period. She is in full running condition and is registered as an Historic Vehicle. She is supplied with the original paper log book, the original owners manual in German, as this was the this particular model was destined for the German market, however due to the immanent release of the overhead cam engine, this batch of old models found there way to Cyrus and the service personnel that were stationed on the island. Please note this model did not have indicators fitted and there is no switch on the right hand cluster. Its a lovely piece of history and a true collectors item.

£2499 - cash on collection only. Covid safe delivery possible.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/216026073079272/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.