Ebays Global Shipping Programme

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
JohnS
Rides:: .2019 Honda C125

Ebays Global Shipping Programme

Post by JohnS » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:16 pm

Anybody heard of this ? Not me either.
Just spent a few hours almost pulling my hair out over it.
I had sold an item and delivered it to the address Ebay gave me.Used Collect Plus, by the way,via p4d site.You have to take the parcel to a collection point,but its cheap and means you don't have to wait in for them to collect.
Anyway the buyer,from County Cork,Ireland, messaged me asking where the item was.I told him it was delivered at 11.22 on November 29th at GPS,Lichfield,Staffs,as he had requested.Just 6 miles away from me,by the way.
He told me he had never heard of either GPS or Lichfield.
After various messages backwards and forwards he talked to Ebay who connected him to Paypal and a claim against me was made.They promptly removed the money from my account.
I was rather upset by this as as far as I was concerned I had done everything correctly.So I phoned Ebay to get them to cover the cost because they had given me the wrong address.I was told the address was correct and it was part of their Global Shipping Programme.She checked the tracking and told me the item would be delivered in the next few days.
I explained this to the customer who was very pleased to hear it.As was I.
So there you have it,if you ever have this problem its the Global Shipping Programme.

Atodini
Rides:: 1974 CB500/4; 1971 C90

Re: Ebays Global Shipping Programme

Post by Atodini » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:25 am

Join the club!!

I collect die-cast model cars (mostly) from the 50's and 60's and have several hundred so the last couple of weeks I've been clearing a few out of the Spot-On duplicates to make space in the display cabinets, as my collection has morphed to also include models of oddities, microcars, three-wheelers and similar and I planned to use the smallest case just for these...

One model was purchased by a guy from Sweden and they would not let him pay me!!! Blocked him everywhere with messages about the seller (me) not designating a delivery method in the listing (which I had).

When I contacted them I was told that the buyer did not have a PayPal account and I had not selected "payment by cheque or money order) in the seller template. It wasn't this at all, complete lies, he is an experienced e-bayer with feedback of over 100! And he does have a PayPal account, which he eventually used to pay me directly after I'd smuggled my e-mail address to him (in code - e-bay messaging will not allow direct contact details, e-mail or telephone numbers).

I continued to dig though, finally discovering that their newly updated seller template no longer includes cheque payments or international delivery in the defaults - you have to manually select these when setting up the listing!! Not knowing this (both were defaults last time I sold something, about 3 months back)….

Oddly one of the others went to Australia - no problems whatsoever!!!!!

Going off e-bay. I doubt I'll be doing much more selling.

John

remmington
Rides:: Honda Wave 110i BMW R80RT

Post by remmington » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:07 am

I have sold things overseas with it - had no problems before.

I too am going off ebay of late... Don't know why? But it has lost its appeal!

I looked the other night - I joined in 2003 and have a feed back of 1500+

So that averages out at two transactions a week on average thou..... :roll:

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:49 am

I withdrew all items for sale and closed two PayPal accounts as a protest at PayPal closing Tommy Robinson's PayPal account.
The actions of many knocked $3 billion off their share price for a weekend. Bastards mixing politics with finance.
I opened another a week later, when the share price recovered, as it does.
And though I listed some club stickers by request, I simply can't be arsed to relist all the other stuff I had listed.
I hate seeing companies get so big, and so dominant.
Tesco going into banking was the last nail in Tesco's coffin for me.
What makes it worse is that it's us mugs that empower them. Nobody else.

Mattt
Rides:: Honda c90c Chaly CF70 Yamaha YDS5 Honda CB400n superdream

Post by Mattt » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 pm

the fees are a bit steep now
I think you lose 10% off the sale
ebay fee, paypal fee,which you have to accept ,even when it is a big item and collection only.Sold 2 armchairs they paid paypal even though they only lived 2 miles away
Then if you do post and charge postage they take a percentage of the postal charge off you as well !

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:15 pm

You do realise that if buyers pay by PayPal, and collect in person, they can claim the money back and you have no recourse, even if you have them on CCTV taking the items away.
This has actually happened.
PayPal insists on proof of postage.
Always, cash on collection.

Mattt
Rides:: Honda c90c Chaly CF70 Yamaha YDS5 Honda CB400n superdream

Post by Mattt » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:47 pm

yeah I was a bit worried about that
she seemed ok and I had the address as well
Next time I will refund and say cash on collection only if its a pick up

Theres so many scams I cant keep up !