Cumbrian bargain cub

Links to items on Auto Trader, Gumtree, eBay and other external websites.
passengerpidgin

Cumbrian bargain cub

Post by passengerpidgin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Found this on preloved http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-ad ... b22e4.html looks a bargain for any northerners out there!

Fuzz

Re: Cumbrian bargain cub

Post by Fuzz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 am

No mention about the centre stand though !!!!

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 am

Yes, it (the centre stand) reminds me of Nuttys. It's so worn down that the bike has both wheels on the ground when it's on the stand making it extremely unstable. The slightest push or gust of wind and over it goes.

tom robinson
Rides:: Suzukii Address i 2010,Honda 300i 2007

Post by tom robinson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi,ive been to look at this bargain bike,it looks good until you get down to the nitty gritty,the rear inner mudguard is rotten and there is rot going on on the outer mudguard and shock mountings,What a shame!
The rear carrier is loose as is the plastic rear part of the mudguard.
The guy who owns it wasnt available untill tonight so i will bell him with a report of the condition of the bike and make him an offer,if i get it i will be looking for a second hand frame or have this frame repaired,my bike shop tells me,new, they are about £350 all ready painted.
The centre stand also has a problem,it has about an inch missing off the part that goes on the ground
I used my c90 for the trip,about 100 miles as i visited a mate who lives near Shap,he had just bought a Kawasaki 100 Champion of flea bay for £250,its a beut,a show bike and he said it goes as well as it looks,there are still some bargains to be had!
cheers,carry on cubbing
tom robinson