Newbie from Wales

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
mikbak
Rides:: FJS600

Newbie from Wales

Post by mikbak » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:48 am

Hiya,
I'm new to this forum but am on several others. and run one myself .....

I ride a Honda Silverwing FJS600 maxi and am really pleased with it (Owned same bike 8 years and toured all over)

Have been pointed in your direction by Jaz as he has recommended the Honda Innova as a starter bike for my wife Nyssa

I got her a CBT as a Chrimbo present and am waiting for the fun to begin. :lol: :lol:

sinbad72
Rides:: Honda C70 C (Blue)

Re: Newbie from Wales

Post by sinbad72 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:22 am

Hello and welcome. I have another bike to suggest. How about the new cub copy by "Riders". Your wife would certainly attract a lot of interest from the folks on here. They cost as little as 800quid in a crate if you want to assemble it yourself. It has all the characteristics of a cub with many interchangeable parts.The Innova doesnt even have a manual for reference. Now I may be wrong here but I forsee a lot of Honda dealer prices being charged for work you could have done yourself.

What is normally suggested on here is that if you are going to spend up to a grand on a bike then buy a restored Cub that wont depreciate in value like the Innova. Anyway here's the link for the cub copy :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RIDERS-SU ... 2081wt_828

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:25 am

Hi mikbak and welcome to the C90 Club :D

Looks good fun your forum judging by the photo on the front page :D I see Black Sheeps a regular :)

mikbak wrote: Have been pointed in your direction by Jaz as he has recommended the Honda Innova as a starter bike for my wife Nyssa
Nyssa would indeed enjoy the ANF but why not a Cub? for starter bike , intermediate bike and all you'll ever need :geek: :P :P

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:39 am

The cub and Innova are of course superb bikes but you can not do the full bike test on one,only small bike auto. Silverwing ....I have a real one..and a suzuki stepthrough :?
Welcome to the club you already know BSR and will probably meet a few of us sooner or later.

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Post by cruncherkid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:38 pm

wightegi wrote:......Welcome to the club you already know BSR and will probably meet a few of us sooner or later.
Welcome indeed mikbak, there's probably a bigger crossover of maxi-scoots/cub owners than you think! ;) Oh, and as wightegi says, you probably WILL meet a few of us sooner or later whether you want to or not!! :lol:

mikbak

Post by mikbak » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:52 pm

wightegi wrote:The cub and Innova are of course superb bikes but you can not do the full bike test on one,only small bike auto. Silverwing ....I have a real one..and a suzuki stepthrough :?
Welcome to the club you already know BSR and will probably meet a few of us sooner or later.

Wife (Nyssa) really needs a bike to take her through to full test she also worries about gears, she had a t&g Honda Melody some years ago and likes the concept.

I may also use the bike for work sometimes :o :o :o so would like the extra poke of a 125.Commute is mainly country lanes and back roads, if there is one car at a roundabout down here it is a traffic jam... :lol: :lol:

Would it be worthwhile getting Cub copy delivered in crate to save money , (I service the Swing myself)...

mikbak

Post by mikbak » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:54 pm

cruncherkid wrote:
wightegi wrote:......Welcome to the club you already know BSR and will probably meet a few of us sooner or later.
Oh, and as wightegi says, you probably WILL meet a few of us sooner or later whether you want to or not!! :lol:
I organise a ride down here in Pembrokeshire regularly .... so maybe a cub rideout may be on for next year :D :D

We have some stunning scenery... 8-) 8-)

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm

The chaepest way to a full license is with a GC125

Black Sheep Radical
New kid on the Comel
Rides:: CT90, Восхо́д, 50ZZ, Fusion, C90, Helix, Comel

Post by Black Sheep Radical » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Hello Mike :D there's a big thread discussing the Riders Super Cub here. I'd leave them well alone personally...

mikbak

Post by mikbak » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Black Sheep Radical wrote:Hello Mike :D there's a big thread discussing the Riders Super Cub here. I'd leave them well alone personally...
Thanks Jaz

Nyssa is going to do her CBT some time soon and will try geared bikes first, that way she can progress onto other than autos or semi autos...

She fancies the SH125 ... and tbh I will probably have a commute on whatever bike she gets saving the Wing for longer rides and joint rides...

Will keep you all updated as we go :D :D