New to the forum, From Barnsley

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
chriskellett90
Rides:: I have a Honda CL50 Jap import, and im currently restoring a 1964 Honda C200

New to the forum, From Barnsley

Post by chriskellett90 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi people,

This is my first post on this forum, My names chris, i live in barnsley and ride a Honda CL50 i was parked outside Halfords in Barnsley last week and a guy told me about this forum. I didnt catch his name, all i know is he's a tiler, his business is called Ross Tiling. Anybody know him? He seemed a sound kid. Im also restoring a 1964 Honda C200 so im after info and parts!

Cheers.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: New to the forum, From Barnsley

Post by wightegi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Hi welcome to the club I think ross will be along soon ..I have met quite a few of the barnsley crowd and I am sure they will be able to help you with any questions you may have. Have a read through the threads and also use the search box in the top right corner .Most of all enjoy :D

herrod
Rides:: C50 cd90z 600 Rotax flat tracker.

Post by herrod » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi mate that was me! good to see you've joined.i forgot to mention i have a spare c200 engine i got for parts if there's anything you need from it?you'll notice there's quite a few Barnsley members. 8-)

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Ah, Meester Kellett, we have been expecting you.. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2203&start=210 :lol:

Welcome to C90Club.. Lots of members in Barnsley as it 'appens. A few C200 owners on here so hopefully you can get sorted with info and possibly parts. C200s seem to be popping out of the woodwork all over at the moment!

chriskellett90
Rides:: I have a Honda CL50 Jap import, and im currently restoring a 1964 Honda C200

Post by chriskellett90 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:14 pm

herrod wrote:Hi mate that was me! good to see you've joined.i forgot to mention i have a spare c200 engine i got for parts if there's anything you need from it?you'll notice there's quite a few Barnsley members. 8-)
Ross herrod? that name rings a bell for some reason did you go to darton high?

Havent't started on the engine yet only just found the right carb for it. Need to run it up and see what it sounds like, but i expect il need some bits. Just dropped my tank off for blasting today and got my hubs back from polishers so will be assembling wheels soon. I bought a spoke kit off ebay but i dont think its the right one, spokes seem too thin, i know the rears have a shoulder on them but they seem to fit better on the front hub?! are they same as c90's? anyone know where i can get a proper set?

Cheers

chriskellett90

Post by chriskellett90 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Boo wrote:Ah, Meester Kellett, we have been expecting you.. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2203&start=210 :lol:

Welcome to C90Club.. Lots of members in Barnsley as it 'appens. A few C200 owners on here so hopefully you can get sorted with info and possibly parts. C200s seem to be popping out of the woodwork all over at the moment!
Haha nice one, yeah iv noticed a few popping up on't ebay, wish id have waited a few month til i bought mine, they all seem to be decent complete bikes aswell, i bought mine with a few hard to find bits missing, its been a nightmare sourcing them.

herrod

Post by herrod » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

chriskellett90 wrote:
herrod wrote:Hi mate that was me! good to see you've joined.i forgot to mention i have a spare c200 engine i got for parts if there's anything you need from it?you'll notice there's quite a few Barnsley members. 8-)
Ross herrod? that name rings a bell for some reason did you go to darton high?

Havent't started on the engine yet only just found the right carb for it. Need to run it up and see what it sounds like, but i expect il need some bits. Just dropped my tank off for blasting today and got my hubs back from polishers so will be assembling wheels soon. I bought a spoke kit off ebay but i dont think its the right one, spokes seem too thin, i know the rears have a shoulder on them but they seem to fit better on the front hub?! are they same as c90's? anyone know where i can get a proper set?

Cheers
Yeah i did 98 to 03 i think :? if you need a hand with owt dude i'm happy to help.i know there are more than one thickness of spokes for these bikes,c200 ones are the same as 6v c90(zz) ones and the rims are the same.

chriskellett90

Post by chriskellett90 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:28 pm

yeah man sound , do you know twirly and ross allen n that, i think iv heard them mention you before, i had a mk1 caddy i think they said you had one.

herrod

Post by herrod » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:32 pm

ah yeah i know them lot.i've had a couple of caddy's and other vw's.don't suppose you had the one with the stack pipe did you?

digger06

Post by digger06 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

ello, from just down the road in ponte