Hello fellow bikers!

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
barrov
Rides:: 1971 Honda C50

Hello fellow bikers!

Post by barrov » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello all,

I am a forum newbie. I recently got my late Dad's 1971 Honda C50 up and running:

I took it in for an MOT so that I could have a definite list of problems to fix in order for it to be roadworthy. It only went and passed didn't it?! :lol:

And so I have a new toy! (I used to have a CBR600 but for some inexplicable reason I swear the Cub is just as much fun to ride!)

Anyway, hello to you all and I will look forward to exchanging info, ideas and stories. :D

RoadCar
Rides:: Honda

Re: Hello fellow bikers!

Post by RoadCar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, looks like you have got a nice tidy bike there.

radar

Post by radar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Looks like your dad looked after it. Nice one 8-)

barrov

Re: Hello fellow Cubbers!

Post by barrov » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Cheers gents, yeah it did well to give me so little grief. A few hours of tinkering and it all worked fine! It was last on the road in 1990.

I can't believe how brilliantly cheap it is to run! £52.15 insurance, free tax, brilliant MPG (yet to be worked out properly). A couple of dawdles year and it pays for itself. Ace! :)

barrov

Re: Hello fellow cubbers!

Post by barrov » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:50 pm

By the way roadcar - sorry to hear about those theiving shites. I can imagine that it drives you insane to have something you appreciate so much taken by some f*&$kwit. I hope you manage to get it back.

I just bought one of these after seein another cubber on here recommend it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:1123

I must have the discipline to use a decent chain too as I gues they only need a couple of mins to have them away.

RoadCar
Rides:: Honda

Re: Hello fellow cubbers!

Post by RoadCar » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:34 pm

barrov wrote:By the way roadcar - sorry to hear about those theiving shites. I can imagine that it drives you insane to have something you appreciate so much taken by some f*&$kwit. I hope you manage to get it back.

I just bought one of these after seein another cubber on here recommend it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:1123

I must have the discipline to use a decent chain too as I gues they only need a couple of mins to have them away.
Thanks Barrov, I think the worst thing is knowing who it could be, it had 4 locks atached to a pair of 10ft step ladders and still taken away :cry: if I get another one I will think about one of the alarms.

barrov

Post by barrov » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 pm

@rse! It's a shame you could undertake some kind of covert op to recover it... :idea:

If not, you never know, it might come back to you one day. I had a CBR6 nicked once and though I would never see it again so bought another. A few weeks later the Police called and I got the first one back - a bit scuffed but nothing serious. Good job too because I had left it outside the house instead of in the garage so I wouldn't have got a penny for the insurance.

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

barrov wrote:(I used to have a CBR600 but for some inexplicable reason I swear the Cub is just as much fun to ride!)
I would say not inexplicable but understandable :) Welcome to the Club barrov :D