Hi from Diddly

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Diddly
Rides:: Honda ANF125 Innova;

Hi from Diddly

Post by Diddly » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi all, Diddly from Gateshead here. Not good with computers so apologies in advance if this comes out wrong. Age late 40's, owned '03 Innova since January which I absolutely love along with Cubs and all those who ride them. In fact, I just like small bikes and always have. Previously owned DT125, CG125, Z200 etc. Had a confidence blip after a couple of spills on big bikes and outings were rare however the Innova has restored my LOVE of motorcycling this year, you all know that feeling I'm sure.
Once owned a Cub (who didnt?) but got seduced into bigger bikes by mates (I use the term mates very loosley!)
Going to Matlock Bimble which as many of you will be aware is Oct 11th at Matlock Bath bout 1030, hope to see you there.

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Re: Hi from Diddly

Post by aliengravy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Hello and welcome Diddly!!

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi and welcome! I fancy going to Matlock, not as far for me as for some going.
Thing is I'm sorta always on call, so I could get half way there and have to turn back. I won't know 'til I get there. I've got a cub with an engine I'm happy with, so half way there!
Hopefully we'll meet up!

Diddly

Post by Diddly » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for welcome to board guys. I know feeling of being on call Newt-I am on 24/7 as I am self employed. But I cannot hear/see phone on Innova so when on bike I go into chill mode, its only money. Seriously though I am quiet like everyone else coz of recession, but I have quite enjoyed having work/life balence tilted more to life than work!

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Diddly, there is a way of using your phone on the bike. Invest in a simple hands free set. I have one. Plug one end into the phone (in your pocket) run the wire up inside your jacket, out at the collar (there's a little clip on it to clip it to your collar) and up into your ear. Then slip your helmet on. You honestly can't feel it in there. I have mine set for auto answer and through the earpiece I hear it ring six or seven times before it answers, usually enough time for me to pull over safely. (If not just yell at them to ring you back in 10 or whatever) It also has the advantage that you don't have to fumble about with gloves, zips, pockets and helmets. Just stop and talk. ;)

Diddly

Post by Diddly » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:13 am

Thanks Leiba, I'll look into that.